Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country lift question

Old 01-26-2011, 10:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rough Country lift question

So I'm looking into the rc 2.5 coil lift and 2.2 shocks, in the future if I want more lift I was thinking I could put the teraflex bb spacers in and it would give me about 5" of lift, is this a bad idea? And what other parts would I need to change to make this all work???
Old 01-26-2011, 10:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeep_creep
So I'm looking into the rc 2.5 coil lift and 2.2 shocks, in the future if I want more lift I was thinking I could put the teraflex bb spacers in and it would give me about 5" of lift, is this a bad idea? And what other parts would I need to change to make this all work???
People do that. You will be fine. You will just need FOR SURE a set of lower adjustable control arms and a set of rear upper adjustable control arms. Then you will need a track bar relocator bracket and an adjustable track bar for the front and rear. Then depending on weither you have a 2 door vs. 4 door and a auto vs. manual you will need new front and/ or rear drive shafts. Longer shocks, bump stops, swaybar links...I am sure there is more than what I have mentioned.

Last edited by rcdude3; 01-26-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

It works!! I'll send you a pm with some tips and all you'll need!!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a ton of lift for a 2dr. I have an RC 2.5 w/shocks and I like it, but I have nothing to compare it to. How big are the tires you're trying to run? That high of a lift on a 2dr is expensive.

E: ^^^ I guess it works, I just can't picture it

Last edited by _J__C_; 01-26-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: post while I posted?
Old 01-26-2011, 10:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I only want to run 35" for now but I want to be able to stuff them with out rubbing, I might only go with a 1.5"/2" spacer but I'm going to try the 2.5 lift first and see wut I think of it
Old 01-26-2011, 11:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think you can accomplish that with flat flares and about 3" of lift. Search and you will find plenty of options. If you're already going to do a spring lift, I would find out what you need to meet your goals and buy a spring lift that meets those needs No sense getting a 2" coil and adding a spacer to get the height you want since you already know the tire size you want.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:01 AM
JK Newbie

This is a good Planman thread. He has his two two doors with about three inches on both of lift a flat flare and he is running 37s on one and 40s on the other. With plenty of room for stuffage (new word lol). I am on my iPhone but he has plenty of example pictures of his white plan jeep running hells gate and the escalator in Moab Mind you the 37 and 40 may have less lift and the same space. It has a lot of driveline modifications. About 6k worth like gussets and new driveshafts.

However. I am running 35 (315/75/16) discoverer stts on stock x rims. Yes the steelies :-) with a Frankenstein fabtech lift. ( fabtech shocks and one bracket for front tracbar) and the rest is rough country springs and jks tracbar for the rear No problems as of yet I have had it for a good two months no rub
Old 01-27-2011, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool thank you, yea I might see if I can find a 3" instead
Old 01-27-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeep_creep

I only want to run 35" for now but I want to be able to stuff them with out rubbing, I might only go with a 1.5"/2" spacer but I'm going to try the 2.5 lift first and see wut I think of it

Lift, in itself, doesn't prevent rubbing at full stuff. It's the bump stops.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rcdude3
You will just need FOR SURE a set of lower adjustable control arms and a set of rear upper adjustable control arms.
you wont need both unless your doing drive shafts.

Quick Reply: Rough Country lift question