Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country Lift Opinions?

Old 05-24-2010, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nmwranglerx
OK, here's my two cents. I purchased the RC 2.5 in lift with shocks a little over a year ago (March 09 to be exact). At first I was happy with the height and ride, but I've noticed over the last four months that the coils aren't holding up and I've lost about an inch of height in the rear. I searched the forum and noticed that this has happened to a lot of people Some say that's the way the coils are supposed to be, others argue that they aren't supposed to sit one on top of another. All I know is that the lift has made my JK not much higher than stock. There's also some questionable goo coming from the rear shock driver's side. Soooo, now I'm looking at buying a whole new lift kit to get me back to 2.5 inches of lift, possibly from TF or OME. Below are pics of the springs.

Those pics look almost exactly like mine did. Call RC, they will work with you.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kfletcher
yes they sent all four. They were non=progressive. The Rep indicated that all were non=progressive now.
Did your jeep still have a little rake left in it or did putting the new front springs in level it out? I like having a little rake, which the new rears combined with the old fronts has a little rake. I'm just thinking about how bad rake may get with a new bumper and progressive coils up front.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

i run the r/c 3.25...rear progressive springs went bad ,called r/c and they sent me a new pair for the rear...problem solved...running 33's and still plenty of room for 35's...been wheeling it hard ,no problems..r/c is my lift...
Old 05-25-2010, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by _J__C_
Those pics look almost exactly like mine did. Call RC, they will work with you.
Called RC this morning and spoke with Jeffrey. Within minutes he told me they were sending out new coils today Now that's customer service. Something to consider when purchasing your kit: will they still be friendly with you in a year's time? Thanks RC!
Old 05-25-2010, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Here is the progression my Jeep saw going from stock to the 3.25 RC lift to 37" tires.

Stock

3.25 RC lift on stock tires

3.25 RC lift on 37x13.50x17 tires

If you were to stay on the street, you would be ok just trimming your rear pinch seem for 37s and this kit. I will find out this weekend how far into my fenders the new tires will get. I am bringing a hacksaw and BFH with me to make any necessary trail modifications.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Bub
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nmwranglerx
Called RC this morning and spoke with Jeffrey. Within minutes he told me they were sending out new coils today Now that's customer service. Something to consider when purchasing your kit: will they still be friendly with you in a year's time? Thanks RC!
Did you still have the original receipt? Wife tossed mine which was dated about Dec 20, 2008 and since then I have had to reinstall the 2 in BB spacers to get a decent amount of lift, because of the sag. It was a good deal at $220 delivered with the 2.2 shocks for the 2.5 inch spring lift. Ben told me that without the receipt his boss would not authorize replacement. Tires are 285/75-16. Because of the harsh rebound of the shocks I won't be taking another road trip with them, that's for sure.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have the 2.5 on my jk and also have a rc lift on my blazer i would by nothing but rc ive had no problems with my lifts and i beat the shit out of my rigs just ask the clear coat on my jk that no longer exists

Quick Reply: Rough Country Lift Opinions?