Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough country lift install

Old 12-16-2008, 02:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough country lift install

iam ordering the rough country 2.5inch bb and i would like to install it myself, so to the people who installed it was it hard? and what are the tools i would need? dont worry i searched and couldnt find the info, maybe theres a write up that i missed?
Old 12-16-2008, 03:07 AM
JK Super Freak

if you know what you are doing and have good jacks its easy but for others it c could be hard
Old 12-16-2008, 04:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Q8
iam ordering the rough country 2.5inch bb and i would like to install it myself, so to the people who installed it was it hard? and what are the tools i would need? dont worry i searched and couldnt find the info, maybe theres a write up that i missed?
You can click on the view instuctions on there web-site and will give you everylittle tool and size you need....But everybody says it REAL simple!!

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_2.html

Specs:
• Part #: 656 :: 657 [w/shocks]
• Install Time: 2 - 3 hours
• Wheel Backspacing: 4½"
• Recommended Tire Size: 33x12.50
• Download Instructions: View <<<<<Click on this
Old 12-16-2008, 07:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cvjoint
The back spacers can be a pain. But it is pretty easy.
reallly nice looking jeep. Pain? how? sorry iam asking so much but iam trying to cut down costs and shops will install the lift here for lets say 300dollars easy and iam alreay paying $250 for shipping and imagine that the lift is only 139. Thats why iam asking, heheh. i have never worked on any vehicles suspension but i really have to install it myself. i can get the jacks and everything. any tips or help would be appreciated.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cvjoint
Thanks. Its really not that hard. You just use a bolt and nut to secure the rear spacers. It is more of a pain just getting the bolt and nut in. It is really not hard. all you need is patience and I run out of that alot. There is so much information on here about the lifts so you really can't mess up. One thing I would never do is pay someone to do it for me. If you have someone to help you thats good but it is to easy to do to pay someone for it. Just let me know when you get started. I will help in anyway I can and I am sure other people will also. This is a great fourm for help.
thanks alot good to know you will help. do you notice the axle shift? iam just afraid il not tight something properly and then my jeep will fall apart while driving hehehe. should i use loctite for the bolts and nuts?
Old 12-16-2008, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is my experience with installing the lift.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/if-your-looking-rc-2-5-bl-read-me-59227/
Old 12-16-2008, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

what abt loctite? should i use it?
Old 12-16-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone with the RC 2.5" lift care to divulge where they got it? Maybe I'm challenged, but I'm having a tough time tracking it down.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Fireguy0306
This is my experience with installing the lift.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59227
Thanks fireguy i guess il have to start working on the lift so i know what sgoing on heheh. btw i just ordered my lift!!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 10:27 AM
JK Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by cufojeep
Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone with the RC 2.5" lift care to divulge where they got it? Maybe I'm challenged, but I'm having a tough time tracking it down.
I ordered from the site roughcountry.com but I got the coil lift...

Quick Reply: Rough country lift install