Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough country lift help

Old 02-07-2014, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meep97
First, I would recommend reading these 2 threads.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-lifts-288269/

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...bie-has-18617/

Second, there's a reason why ROUGH Country is cheap when compared to other lifts out there. Do you have a link to which lift it is? I'm willing to bet it doesn't include the necessary items to run a 3.5" lift.

Third, with a 2 dr and over 3" of lift you're probably going to need a new front and rear drive shaft.

Suspension parts are not something you want to cheap out on or else you'll be doing it twice.

Why are you lifting your Jeep? For looks? To clear bigger tires for mall crawling? Or for off road performance?
Ohh ok that makes sense when you put it that way, like i said im new to all this. My goal is i want some looks, bigger and meaner because personally the little 2d looks girly haha. But i want to do some off roading nothing to crazy but take it out may long have a little fun you know but nothing like 5 foot swamps and 90 degree hills with massive rocks. You get my point. It will mostly be a road beauty thats why i want the height and it to look tall but all tound b a good fit with the tires not looking real huge and the jeep with cut fenders and 2 inch lift clearing 37's. what would u suggest i do?
Old 02-07-2014, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by Razerv3c1; 02-07-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

lol, I think you just knocked every kit that was in his price range out. I wonder why?
Im only 20, so i got tons of time to upgrade to a better lift. Im just getting a feel for this u know because white if i do spend 1500-2000 on a lift and hate it? Id rather a 500 loss then couple grand. Ive heard many people dont mind there rc lifts say they ride not to bad, id say worth a shot.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:44 PM
JK Freak

Sounds like to me, a budget boost would fit you perfectly.

Teraflex makes a good 2.5" BB and with flat fenders you could run up to 37" tires.

But like I said earlier. Read those two threads and it will most likely answer your questions.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Razerv3c1
Im only 20, so i got tons of time to upgrade to a better lift.
Why do everything twice though? It will end up costing you more money than if you did it right the first time.

Im just getting a feel for this u know because white if i do spend 1500-2000 on a lift and hate it? Id rather a 500 loss then couple grand.
This is why you research and research and research. Find a couple of local lifted jeepers and talk to them. See what lift they are running and if they like them and if they could take you for a spin in their Jeep to see if you like the way it handles and rides.

Ive heard many people dont mind there rc lifts say they ride not to bad, id say worth a shot.
Most of those people either don't care for the ride, or have never ridden in another Jeep with a higher quality lift. If you were local, I'd let you take my Jeep for a spin and you'd be amazed at the difference between a high quality lift vs a low quality lift is.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:15 PM
JK Newbie

Why do everything twice though? It will end up costing you more money than if you did it right the first time.

This is why you research and research and research. Find a couple of local lifted jeepers and talk to them. See what lift they are running and if they like them and if they could take you for a spin in their Jeep to see if you like the way it handles and rides.

Most of those people either don't care for the ride, or have never ridden in another Jeep with a higher quality lift. If you were local, I'd let you take my Jeep for a spin and you'd be amazed at the difference between a high quality lift vs a low quality lift is.
Ya im going to so my research thats for sure ive all ready learned a lot from this forum that i didnt know. I appreciate the help and will be looking towards spending more on a lift to get something better quality. Also will take a look at Teraflex 2.5 BB.

Haha funny story about lifts, my buddy had a yj lifted 3'' on 33's and i tell u it was the bumpiest hardest ride ive ever been in complete shit for long drives. Went 3 hours to Edmonton and no never again haha. But it wasnt no ferrari of jeeps it was lifted and he could mud it so he didnt car for the ride. I dont want that because id junk that lift so fast n buy a new one. I know jeeps arnt the best ride but mays well get a lift thats liveable and ur happy with the ride

Quick Reply: Rough country lift help