Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country Lift Comparison Opinions?

Old 04-18-2014, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same 3.5" RC kit as Kent. I'm finally gonna wheel it this weekend at Superlift in Hot Springs. Will let you know how it does.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1885603436.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	546799   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2218398793.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	546800   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1118818293.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	546801   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2498937672.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	546802  
Old 04-21-2014, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dlwaddle
I have the same 3.5" RC kit as Kent. I'm finally gonna wheel it this weekend at Superlift in Hot Springs. Will let you know how it does.

Nice Jeep

How was Superlift? We are going there in Sept.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kent.Rowell
Typically people having problems with joints are install errors no matter what brand. A friend of mine installed his Rock Krawler arms incorrectly and had to but a new set

Thanks for the replies every one, I appreciate the input! I ended up ordering the RC 4" x-series lift and it'll arrive tomorrow! (yay!)

Kent, what do you mean install errors? I haven't heard of any and definitely want to make sure I don't make any rookie mistakes!

thanks again!
Old 04-21-2014, 06:27 PM
JK Junkie

Not tightening jam nuts properly is the biggest. I don't know how the RC joints are set up. Just make sure if there's a clip holding the joint tether is seated. Clevite style (stock or aftermarket) joints can be preloaded if the joint is not torqued at the new ride height.
Just make sure all CA's and TB joints are loosened or remain loose. Torque only after tire are back on and on the ground.
Keep the joints greased, jam nuts tight and don't Preload the bushings. That's the gist of if.
Does the kit come with a front track bar ? I like their new Forged TB available.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Not tightening jam nuts properly is the biggest. I don't know how the RC joints are set up. Just make sure if there's a clip holding the joint tether is seated. Clevite style (stock or aftermarket) joints can be preloaded if the joint is not torqued at the new ride height.
Just make sure all CA's and TB joints are loosened or remain loose. Torque only after tire are back on and on the ground.
Keep the joints greased, jam nuts tight and don't Preload the bushings. That's the gist of if.
Does the kit come with a front track bar ? I like their new Forged TB available.

thats pretty much it. put a drop of locktite on the set screw for the joints(the small allen screw). and when you put the joints together tighten them down really good with the supplied tool
Old 04-22-2014, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 4"x flex and it does great. Have had Some parts that went bad but you will find that in any kit. Had the lift in my 08 jku and just finished install In my13. It flexed like crazy in my 08 and cannot wait to get my new jeep out there. Good luck with install.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Well, reporting back: bought the 4" x-series lift and everything looked great, I was impressed by the rod end size but- during the install discovered multiple things that were either the wrong size or missing. For instance, one of the front shocks didn't have the bushings already installed when the other did so I had to rob the bushing from the stock shock and waste several hours switching it.

Next, the bigger problem, I can't complete the install because they failed to include one of the snap ring for one of the lower rod ends, leaving me without a vehicle until Tuesday when they can get the piece to me.

To sum it up, this has been nothing but a hassle and an extreme inconvenience to me. I'm left without a vehicle and without any answers or real help to finish the install. I'm not impressed with the missing pieces and the lack of solutions. I'll update in a couple of days unless any one has any suggestions for me?

After 12 hours of work today, I have basically the front done and the rear is completely untouched.

Last edited by LittleGTL; 04-27-2014 at 07:49 PM. Reason: too exhausted from this pos lift to spell correctly
Old 04-26-2014, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

During my install I was also missing a bag of hard ware for the rear track bar bracket. Just make sure you inventory before you start. Glad I did.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hallenfe
During my install I was also missing a bag of hard ware for the rear track bar bracket. Just make sure you inventory before you start. Glad I did.
I inventoried based on the provided inventory sheet, which unfortunately did not include all the pieces in the bag sets I know better for next time now!
Old 04-26-2014, 07:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LittleGTL
I inventoried based on the provided inventory sheet, which unfortunately did not include all the pieces in the bag sets I know better for next time now!
Well the back is so much easier only took me about an hour but I didn't have to replace the rear control arms. Good luck and post some pics when done please.

Quick Reply: Rough Country Lift Comparison Opinions?