Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country Lift Comparison Opinions?

Old 04-17-2014, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People always talking sh*t about RC as if no American made company ever has issues with parts occasionally. My lift has about 25k miles on it, not one issue to speak of. I'm still alive and have been over 70mph quite a few times. If you listen to all the crap people spew about certain products, a lot of us wouldn't even own a Jeep. Ever hear of the problem with the heads? Or the crappy gas mileage? Or the leaky top on a brand new vehicle? Or....?
Old 04-17-2014, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just an opinion but if the plan is 35's and the company of choice is Rough Country, just get their budget boost. You will clear the tires fine, wont have any technical or mechanical issues that need to concern you, the cost is very low and you can then continue to research and upgrade down the road or as needed.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:20 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by hair2831
People always talking sh*t about RC as if no American made company ever has issues with parts occasionally. My lift has about 25k miles on it, not one issue to speak of. I'm still alive and have been over 70mph quite a few times. If you listen to all the crap people spew about certain products, a lot of us wouldn't even own a Jeep. Ever hear of the problem with the heads? Or the crappy gas mileage? Or the leaky top on a brand new vehicle? Or....?
I really think RC has taking a step forward.
Can they compete with some of the more popular company's ? Maybe not.
RC seams to take care of their customers, no questions asked.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambo JK
I have had the 3.5 Rough Country lift kit on my JK for over two years now and haven't had any problems with it what so ever. I have put this lift kit through hell and still performs great.
First day/post huh... Welcome to the forum!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:57 AM
Cuv
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matth
I have the 4.5 on for 2 years springs and shocks are as good as new. I did add the arms and one of the joints on the front came apart. It was a install issue not RCa fault. Replacement was a piece of cake. Their support is great!! Oh by the way it's 4.5" and 33's.
Are those RC shocks?

I had RC at one point. They replaced a few sets of shocks, coils and bushings. I was done after that and wish I had done it different from the start.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think RC has been shy about stating upfront they are not trying to compete with some of the more popular and more expensive companies however most people are judging them against a standard they are not trying to meet. They are a budget based company and they make lower quality parts so they can offer the folks on limited incomes a way to get their jeep in the air. You can buy one of their kits, slap it on and if anything breaks they will replace it. You might never break a thing or you might break everything that is the gamble RC as well as the consumer makes.

There are people who might have to save for years before they can part with 400 bucks so pushing these people towards kits that costs thousands is probably falling on deaf ears and the assumption that they will have to spend more money is not always accurate as RC will just send them out replacement parts for all of eternity. The kicker is your time replacing these broken parts each time they fail. If you are ok with that then RC might be the best option.

Its all about the $$
Old 04-17-2014, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

To the OP- I would take anyone’s opinion about a company’s product as complete hearsay until they actual tell you they have owned/ used the product in question.
You'll notice that the people with said product seem to like it, those with other brands or have not stated they have personally owned or used the product tend to bash it.
Personally, I have a RC lift and have had no problems with it. I can’t/ will not comment on other lifts/ brands since I have not personally used them.

Just my $.02, take it for what it is worth

Last edited by zedteamk2; 04-17-2014 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 04-18-2014, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by zedteamk2
To the OP- I would take anyone’s opinion about a company’s product as complete hearsay until they actual tell you they have owned/ used the product in question. You'll notice that the people with said product seem to like it, those with other brands or have not stated they have personally owned or used the product tend to bash it. Personally, I have a RC lift and have had no problems with it. I can’t/ will not comment on other lifts/ brands since I have not personally used them. Just my $.02, take it for what it is worth
Great point.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:22 AM
JK Newbie

I have had the 3.5 series II w/ control arm drop brackets and it rides great. Works great with 35's.

I now have the 4" X series and haven't had any issues with joints but have had issues with shocks. Called and got new ones shipped out no questions asked. I now have Rancho 7000 shocks and in my opinion rides better than my buddies with Rock Krawler 3.5 kits. I have flat flares and 37" and go anywhere the guys with twice the money in kits go. Flexes like crazy

Typically people having problems with joints are install errors no matter what brand. A friend of mine installed his Rock Krawler arms incorrectly and had to but a new set
Old 04-18-2014, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

I've got a 2.5 rough country and 35 run fine no rubbing

Quick Reply: Rough Country Lift Comparison Opinions?