Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rough country lift?

Old 07-29-2009, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the RC 2.5" lift you ONLY get shocks and springs. Aren't there a few thing missing compared to the TF kit ? Do you need to buy rear sway bar links seperatly?
Old 07-29-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm rockin the 4" kit and love it! Wheel pretty hard in it, and have had absolutely no probs. Great price for what you get, and don't forget about the forum discount!!
Old 07-29-2009, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by keneds
With the RC 2.5" lift you ONLY get shocks and springs. Aren't there a few thing missing compared to the TF kit ? Do you need to buy rear sway bar links seperatly?
I installed the 2.5" Springs and 2.2 shocks kit, Works great! Did the Northwoods Jeep Jamboree this past weekend and no issues. The ride is rougher than stock if it matters to you.
I did not install anything additional beyond the kit and no issues. No track bars, nothing.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

So do you leave the stock rear sway bar links alone? What about bump stops and the rear brake line mounts?
Old 07-29-2009, 03:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy with my BB lift
Old 07-29-2009, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott
Well this is where the Rough Country lift shines. With the Teraflex kit they give you rear sway bar links and have you move the rear ones up front. What if I want quick discos? Well then you need to spend extra $$$ on a set. The Rough Country lift fit the bill for me in that aspect. You got a nice set of quick discos, the lift, and the relocation bracket for a little over $400. That's still well over $200 saved for other mods. Problem solved
A coulpe questions.....How much rougher of a ride would I get? It's my daily ride (not that stock is like driving a caddie) and what is this relocation bracket that you speak of no........ does it come with the kit? Thanks
Old 07-29-2009, 06:04 PM
JK Jedi

it is the cheapest lift on the market.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarcusRTJ
I like the way mine rides...I believe it rides how a Jeep should. Its a little stiffer and doesn't handle turns as well but I like it just fine.

Don't worry about ride quality, that should be the least of your worries.
I know what your saying..... but my ride to work is 110 mi. round trip and my butt hurts when I get home. Ok I'll toughen up..it's a jeep.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by keneds
I know what your saying..... but my ride to work is 110 mi. round trip and my butt hurts when I get home. Ok I'll toughen up..it's a jeep.
Why don't you save up a little more and get a kit that will actually improve ride? There is no reason on a modern jeep to have a rough ride.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hence the name "ROUGH COUNTRY" I get it now.....

Quick Reply: rough country lift?