Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ROUGH COUNTRY JK Dual Steering Stabilizer

Old 12-18-2009, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROUGH COUNTRY JK Dual Steering Stabilizer

i just crushed mt upgraded ss and want to do it right this time. I want to relocate it. I have 35 inch tires and the tera flex 2.5 bb lift. any suggestions? is it worth the money for the rc dual kit?
Old 12-18-2009, 09:48 PM
JK Freak

I have the RC dual SS. I absolutely love it. It really helps with wandering on the highways and bump steer on the trail. Only drawbacks are that it can interfere with certain diff covers and/or adj. trackbars.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:44 AM
JK Super Freak

and that its overkill.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

I have the rc dual kit and it is a nice setup, but it can interfer with your track bar if you don't have enough lift or a track bar bracket other than that it does its job and has held up great
Old 12-19-2009, 09:24 PM
JK Freak

dont get it if you have riddler diff covers or any other big ones, i crushed the shit out of it. while it was on i dident feel in diff. with it. a little tighter steering but nothing to brag about.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running the RC Dual SS and a Ridler diff cover - no issues here
Old 12-20-2009, 03:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hkx3
Love my RC dual SS setup. Some here are on a crusade burning steering stabilizers in peoples yards for using them... For me, I didnt want to spend $$$ on adj. LCA's, so it solved my loose/flighty feeling steering after the 4" lift.

I vote YES on steering stabilization.

Steering stabilizers are great, and the aftermarket ones are a bit of an improvement over stock, but there is not much difference, and certainly not a noticeable difference on our JKs between a single and a dual. Additionally, no matter how many steering stabilizers you throw up front, it won't give you the same stability as aftermarket control arms. And alot of people on here think a SS will magically fix their death wobble, which simply isn;t the case. It can also help to mask the real problem for people that actually have flighty steering. SS have their place and benefits, I find it hard to believe anyone on here would really recommend not to get a SS with a lift and bigger tires. Sure some guys still run the stocker until it breaks, but pretty much everything on here points towards adding a SS along with a lift. And even, relocation. At least, everything I have seen.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:08 AM
ksk
JK Enthusiast

I got the single and it was a HUGE improvement over stock...now i want the double RC stabilzers coz ...2 is better than 1 ....and it looks keeewl too...

KSK

Quick Reply: ROUGH COUNTRY JK Dual Steering Stabilizer