Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rough country control arm relocation brackets

Old 05-01-2013, 04:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
They don't make brackets for the rear.
If you look at the front, the axle side face the road which direct impact up into the frame. The rear is opposite so not affected.
Whistling lol
Old 05-01-2013, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the Rancho set sitting in my garage and have yet to put them on, but they do help out and I'll put them on sooner or later once I get the proper bolt lengths lol

They do correct caster, by bringing things back into stock geometry (parallel) which is different than adjustable control arms. Adjustable controls are needed to correct the pinion angle, but if you correct the pinion angle you throw out your caster. You can't actually fix both at the same time as they work in opposite directions, therefore adjustable control arms and control arm relocation brackets have two different purposes. For those that really want a dialed in lifted Jeep (4"+ lift) you need to cut and turn the C's and re-weld them to fix the caster, then use adjustable arms to correct the pinion angle. That's the only true way to get all the geometry correct. We've got a 5" lift now and it's actually pretty tight on all stock arms and angles, but could be a lot better if it were put back to stock geometry of course, which I'll do fairly soon.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

Default alignment numbers

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Alignment numbers ? ^
Don't have them directly in front of me right now, but my caster was off a little, hence the Adj LCA's
All else is simply a quality upgrade as I figured the 2.5 RC lift was good for the cash that I had at the time. Now I juts want a firmer ride with nicer components. (Nicer in my opinion anyways)
Old 05-02-2013, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

I run them and had my alignment last week. Asked for my caster number even though its not adjustable and tech said it was 4.8.

Running 2.5 " teraflex coils on front with another 1-1/2" of pucks up front due to heavy bumper and winch. Arms sit flat.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm about to install a set of these. Can it be done with jeep on the ground or do you have to jack the frame and remove the front wheels? Any tips from folks that have installed the rc brackets....thx.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Done. Not difficult,no need to jack and remove wheels. Ride is now very nice
Indeed.

Quick Reply: rough country control arm relocation brackets