Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rough country control arm relocation brackets

Old 01-29-2012, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No matter which suspension lift I go with, I'm pretty certain I'm going to add the Rough Country or AEV brackets. Does anyone know of any reason to choose one brand over the other?
Old 01-29-2012, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just put these on a while ago, like them so far. I have not had any issues using them with the 2.5 in lift. Steering does seem a bit smoother, haven't noticed much diffrence in the ride or braking. The angle of control arms and pinior angle is much better. My biggest concern before ordering them was the durability, the factory brakets will give up before the rough country ones will. My jeep gets beat on pretty regular, no problems with the rough country parts.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

I finally got my brackets installed today. I have noticed the the ride seems a little smoother... I guess it is because the springs are able to absorb more instead of fighting against the angle of the control arms...? I haven't gotten to flex it out yet, and am curious if that changes.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 3.5 inch lift in the front and installed the AEV unit. It really helps the road manners - steering is rock solid.

They recommend a minimum measurement of 7" from the bottom of the front spring to the frame for this part. That is about what I had.

I did it myself and it was pretty easy except for getting the upper passenger bolt out - the exhaust pipe is in the way on mine. I pulled it over with a ratchet tie down - would have been better to unbolt the exhaust pipe!
Old 01-30-2012, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

I'll be looking into this as well.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Those of you that are running these or AEV's with a 2.5in are your lifts spring or spacers?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone used these brackets with the adj control arms?
Old 08-03-2012, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I installed the RC set after driving on my 3.5 series 2 lift for a couple weeks. They are great but if you have a 2.5" lift you may want to try the AEV kit since it has holes drilled in them for a 2.5" whereas the RC kit, which I have, is set for a 3.5 to 4" lift. As a matter of fact I believe the AEV has 3 sets of holes for a 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5" lift.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Aev brackets that I put on my wife's JKU with a Teraflex BB, it makes a world of difference! Before the bracket the front end felt very loose and flighty on the highway, afterwards it felt like stock again.

Btw I am selling the bracket since I'm upgrading her lift. Check the for sale section for details.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Elirojas
Has anyone used these brackets with the adj control arms?
I am installing them this weekend with a 4 inch adj control arm kit not for camber or anything control arm will take care of that. just for what they cost me hoping it will help ride quality and i got a killer deal on them

Quick Reply: rough country control arm relocation brackets