Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough country coil lift question

Old 11-25-2011, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough country coil lift question

if i get the rough country 2.5 inch coil lift with shocks is there anything im going to need?
Old 11-25-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Front adjustable track bar, rear track bar relocation bracket and an alignment. AEV ProCal to recalibrate the speedo. Don't go long without it, it's a waste of fuel.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

You need to add bumpstops

AMen
Old 11-25-2011, 07:35 AM
pik
JK Enthusiast

I didn't/don't have an adjustable front track bar. There is a bracket for the rear that came with my kit. If you use RC shock, they have bumpstops built on the shaft of the shocks.
I have had the kit for close to a year and like the ride and handling characteristics of my JKU.
My driving is 90% on rode, so still running that stock Rubicon BFG's

......I have the 3.25 inch kit(it has 3/4 inch spacers with 2 1/2 coils)
Old 02-22-2012, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 3.25" kit too. I just had a front track bar and front control arm drop down brackets by Rough Country installed the other day. It's a TOTALLY different ride now. The steering is stiff and tight and hugs the ground. Eco lifts should be temporary only if at all!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ATXFIREMAN
I have the 3.25" kit too. I just had a front track bar and front control arm drop down brackets by Rough Country installed the other day. It's a TOTALLY different ride now. The steering is stiff and tight and hugs the ground. Eco lifts should be temporary only if at all!
Very good point! I have researched lifting mine for about five month, comparing the kits part by part, and finally bought a RC 3.5" lift for 500 bucks!
It comes with everything neede, I mean everything from bump stop brackets to brake line relocators! Nothing else to buy and you have a "real" lift kit! You can start with less, but in the long run you will add other needed parts and end up paying more anyway!

Quick Reply: Rough country coil lift question