Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country Brake line brackets

Old 02-13-2009, 09:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country Brake line brackets

Ok im attempting to install the RC 4" complete kit and it come with brackets for dropping the brake lines down.

Problem is. I just don't see how in the world it could attach to the lower part of the bracket like its suppose to. There appears to be no way for it to reach to mount on. Am I not doing something right? Whats the deal? The instructions say its done with stock brake lines. I dont want to have to spend $100 for new longer brake lines.

Please help!
Old 02-14-2009, 03:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did you look at this. http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up
Old 02-14-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You gotta bend(carefully) the hard lines in order for the bracket to work, as in the pic.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok I will attempt this tonight. Btw what about the driver side? How do I extend that side? Because these instruction don't mention hardly anything. A bit upsetting for me.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that the rear brake lines? the lift I just bought came with front lines and rear brackets. If you have to "straighten" the factory metal line to install the brackets I may go ahead and order some rear extended lines. Scary stuff there. I could see why you are not happy about that being clear.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by metatrox
Ok I will attempt this tonight. Btw what about the driver side? How do I extend that side? Because these instruction don't mention hardly anything. A bit upsetting for me.
Look under your frt fenderwell liner and you'll see a clip that is holding 4 metal brake lines. You have to pop the line going to that side outta the clip to be able to bend it down. They did send you a bracket for that side, didn't they? Just be careful and bend the lines slowly and try to keep the bend pressure off the fitting and you'll be ok.

Quick Reply: Rough Country Brake line brackets