Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough country basic 2.5 lift vs series 2 lift?

Old 12-26-2010, 02:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough country basic 2.5 lift vs series 2 lift?

Hi guys I'm a little confused about which kit I might need. My plans are a rough country 2.5 bb and 16" wheels with 33x12.5 tires. This is my dAily driver and I don't plan on off roading much so do i need the extra parts that the series 2 comes with or is it just overkill for what I'm doing? Thanks a lot!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks, I was wondering the same thing. I plan on purchasing this kit in a few weeks. Let me know how you like it!
Old 12-27-2010, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the replies. On the 2.5 budget boost lift it looks like the only thing the series 2 bb lift comes with extra is A rear track bar bracket and Rear sway bar links. Are those really needed for a daily driver? Would it be worth it to spend the extra $80? Thanks again!
Old 12-27-2010, 01:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bluesteeljk
Thanks for the replies. On the 2.5 budget boost lift it looks like the only thing the series 2 bb lift comes with extra is A rear track bar bracket and Rear sway bar links. Are those really needed for a daily driver? Would it be worth it to spend the extra $80? Thanks again!
I would and did when I had this set up. Even if you dont install them right away you got 'em for when you do need 'em.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes spend the extra money. The rear sway bar links are needed regardless. I bought the basic 2.5" RR BB and bought longer sway bar links one week later. The front sway bar does NOT have enough room and sits at a shitty angle. The first time you flex it's going to cost you big time because the links invert and bind on the steering. If I could do it again I'd buy the kit with the shocks and links.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:44 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

If money is tight, you can always add the extra components later. But, do you know what all of the different components do? Your best bet would be to do a little research to see what everything does, and at what heights certain components might move from 'nice to have' to 'needed'. Then you'll have a better idea of whether 'you' will need any of it...

-Rear Trackbar Bracket - re-centers the rear axle.
-Rear Swaybar Links - after the lift, the swaybars are angled down, which can cause issues. Install the new rears, and move the stock rears to the front, which will level the front swaybar also. (a previous poster mentioned flexing off-road, but it has been known to happen on the lift at the shop...)
-Caster correction - a preference. If the handling is too flighty after the lift, look into this. There are 4 options, all with pro's/con's, but I would suggest not jumping on the $10 option.
-Front Tracbar Bracket or adjustable - same as rear, re-centers the front axle.
-Bumpstops - keep the coils/shocks from over-compressing, and keeps the tires from ripping the fenders off. The 2.2 shocks have integrated stops, but I haven't heard very flattering reviews on them. Consider adding front stops when the lift goes on.

As noted, knowing what everything does will let 'you' decide what else, if anything, 'you' will want/need. We can't decide for you...

Quick Reply: Rough country basic 2.5 lift vs series 2 lift?