Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country = NO lift

Old 01-24-2009, 06:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the comments...it doesn't look bad to me, but I expected to see an increase in lift when going to the coils and adding spacers also...but I didn't and it's irritating me. The front looks slightly higher I guess, but the rear is definitely not..maybe even shorter and that's what is really bugging me.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see what you are saying now. I thought you were saying the 1" spacer was supposed to get 2" lift. lol. Didn't add up. I think the current height looks great. I have read that the RC 4" coils produce about 3" of lift. You could maybe use those in the front? The OME HD springs are only like 150 bones and give that amount too.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah I'm not sure what I'll do...right now I was considering throwing the 1.75" spacers back in the rear, which would make it roughly an inch higher than it is now. Not much, but I don't wanna go too high.

It's an odd situation, they say 3" is about the cut-off point for a 2-door...beyond that and you have to replace the driveshaft and control arms and such. So, if my measurements are correct and I only have about an inch of actual lift then I've still got about 2" left to play with....right? LOL, this is why I'm confused!!
Old 01-24-2009, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

the easiest way to measure the amount of lift you have is to measure from the center of your wheel to the bottom edge of your fender flare. then do the same on a stock JK. that should give you a more accurate measurement. it takes out the fact that you have different sized tires etc. it measures the distance the axle is from the jeep or the flare. just the way ive always done it.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by XJ Kid 89
the easiest way to measure the amount of lift you have is to measure from the center of your wheel to the bottom edge of your fender flare. then do the same on a stock JK. that should give you a more accurate measurement. it takes out the fact that you have different sized tires etc. it measures the distance the axle is from the jeep or the flare. just the way ive always done it.
I guess that makes sense....I'll do that tomorrow and see what i get. For some reason, I'm finding it hard to believe that I'm only getting 3/4" of lift with this setup....I'm hoping my math is wrong. Thanks..

I didn't mention this, but when sitting side by side the Rough Country springs and the factory springs were the same exact height.....seemed odd to me.

Last edited by JK-KJ; 01-24-2009 at 08:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Rough Country = NO lift