Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 6" Lift?

Old 01-07-2009, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So anyone actually using the rc 6"??

I am interested to hear feedback...
Old 01-27-2009, 07:43 AM
JK Freak

so im curious on this also. i was planning on upgrading to this with new shafts within the next few weeks... is it not a good idea? i figure...they bult the kit to work together. If its in the kit it should all work together... if it dosent then thats a problem they will have... I dont understand why i would need something different if all of this was built to work together just right?

Also...Does anyone have any pics or anything? I wanna see someone who actually has this lift :P
Old 01-27-2009, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

oh and also...

is it a MUST that you buy new drive shafts? I have 5' lift right now with stock shafts ive been using this set rp for like a year and no problems... i busted a seal in the front once but other than that never any problems... is it a MUST for the 6'?

and its funny because the kit does not include sway bar discos... with a 6' kit who makes adj discos that long? I have JKs on it now, but they are like all the way extended for 5'

Last edited by P Nasty; 01-27-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

no info from anyone?
Old 01-27-2009, 12:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why set yourself up to break somewhere? If you are going to lift it (especially that much) why not do it the right way? It will only cost you more in the long run. What is the expression... Anything worth doing, is worth doing right?

I am replacing my shafts with a 4" lift. Then again, if I was going 6" I would want long arms.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't really understand why the whole hoopla about having to have adjustable CA's. As stated before the factory doesn't have adj. CA's and they are made specifically for the height of the JK. Neither here nor there. If you get the RC 6" kit and are one of those that believe that adj. CA's are the holy grail, or be all end all, just cut the fixed ends off of the supplied CA's, use a die to thread the cut ends, and buy some threaded replacement ends from Rusty's or somewhere and you now have adj. CA's for a hell of a lot less cash!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

I like the way u think air
Old 01-28-2009, 11:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, it sounds like you are set on this lift... so why are you asking peoples opinions?
Old 01-28-2009, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I would find something with adjustable control arms
I only have the 4" from RC, but because I was steered toward CAM BOLTS being a bad thing, I called up Rustys' offroad and picked up lower front adjustable control arms for $200. They have the adjustable flex ends with the zerk fittings for grease and are very stout. I am glad I put them on but after some research (and I may be wrong on this) found out most earlier lifts only came with cam bolts and held up fine. I also purchased the dual front stabilizer seperate from RC and the JK rides very nice. I cant wait till Monday to get the 35s' on her, it will be so sweet.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:32 PM
JK Super Freak

So I don't have the 6", but I do have the 4". Their hardware is just fine. It works well. Haven't had the first problem with it. I think you probably will need at least 1 set of adjustable control arms per axle with 6", but having both uppers and lowers for both will allow you to dial it in better and place the axle right where you want it.
What I don't understand is why there are so many anti-RC people out there. Maybe I wasn't there in the day and they used to not be a good company or something.
But their stuff is really priced well, and works just fine. I don't see that their $995 price includes driveshafts though.

Quick Reply: Rough Country 6" Lift?