Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 6" Lift?

Old 01-06-2009, 05:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whtIwrk4
I think what he's trying to say is that a 6" of lift you really need something with adjustable arms, not only for pinion angle, but also for castor adjustment. Otherwise You'll have problems.
thats exactly what I'm saying.

nothing wrong with RC, but with this much lift you need adjustable control arms and track bars.

Originally Posted by 08SaharaM6
My question is in addition to the original one. Why would they make the kit if it needed other parts not included? Skyjackers la 6" kit does not have adj ca either. Is that why they are that much cheaper?
its definetly why its cheaper. Everything is fixed on this kit, the only thing that is adjustable is the track bars.

Spend the extra cash and get something with adjustable control arms. Any 3" kit will clear 35's easily, the FT ultimate is 1900 complete with adjustable arms, track bars, and quick disconnects.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 01-06-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its good they provide new drive shafts, but they are not providing a way to set the pinion angle. You will have serious driveline vibrations unless you correct your angles,

As far as the kit not being complete Many simply are not because of cost. If you go for the 6" RC plan on another $800-1000 for arms. You go wow that is a lot. Look at another kit that comes with all of the needed suspension componets and then price driveshafts, you will see the prices are similar.

Is is just another way to package their products that makes you take a look at it, its called marketing.

Give this some thought, If you add around 4 inches of lift your castor angle begins to approach O degress. You will notice that because it will drive like hell. Add 2 more inches and good luck keeping it on the road.

6" of lift is a serious change to your Jeep. You should plan on all 8 control arms, adjustable front and rear trackbars and some drop brakets, new driveshafts, springs, shocks, brake lines, longer swaybar links, extending your axle breathers, you may need to flip your draglink.

This is a tall order, good luck
Old 01-06-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jamooche
What is a good all inclusive kit for 6" of lift?

For this Rough Country kit what parts would need to be replaced on it?

from what I have heard Teraflex and Full Traction are tops.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

They've just released the X-Flex Adjustable control arms. Contact Ben on here and ask him how much to upgrade to those in the kit instead of the fixed ones. I'm sure he'll get you taken care of!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I would find something with adjustable control arms
its very important to adjust you pinion angle.
Maybe I'm wrong but since the kit does come with fixed upper and lower tubular control arms made for this lift would that not give you the right adjustments for that setup, just as the fixed arms that come on it stock are made for the way it was setup
from the factory?
Old 01-06-2009, 06:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by bama JK
Maybe I'm wrong but since the kit does come with fixed upper and lower tubular control arms made for this lift would that not give you the right adjustments for that setup, just as the fixed arms that come on it stock are made for the way it was setup
from the factory?
I'm sure they have them already set to the proper length for a 6" lift.

IMO.

I would still want something to fine tune it.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sure they have them already set to the proper length for a 6" lift.

IMO.

I would still want something to fine tune it.
I see what you mean.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 08SaharaM6
from what I have heard Teraflex and Full Traction are tops.
Thanks!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hell, just go with a Tera flex 4in, you'll get 5, and you already have a 1in BL. You'll have your 6inches of lift with a top notch company that's on this forum all the time.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got over 5" with the Teraflex 4" short-arm kit (with all 8 flex arms). I would imagine that the long arm would be similar. It's plenty tall. Very impressed with the quality.

Quick Reply: Rough Country 6" Lift?