Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 4IN JEEP X-SERIES SUSPENSION LIFT KIT

Old 12-12-2014, 08:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rough Country 4IN JEEP X-SERIES SUSPENSION LIFT KIT

thinking about lifting my daily/weekend warrior 2014 jk rubicon x with this lift kits. trying to run 37 tires with flat fenders.

any reviews or thoughts? recommendation?

I would need some guidence with 4in lift project.

thanks.

4IN JEEP X-SERIES SUSPENSION LIFT KIT
Old 12-12-2014, 11:47 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Hit the back arrow a few times. Stuck right to the top of this modified area are the FAQ's and Thoughts on Lifts threads. (If you are on a phone, well, I forget what folder they are in, but you should still be able to find them.)

So, start by getting a handle on what each of the specific components in your new lift actually does. Then get a handle on at what heights people start wanting them. And what issues lifting causes that make those components wanted/needed. Look for things like: caster correction, pro's/con's of CAM BOLTS, steering angle correction, pro's/con's of a DROP PITMAN, the need for new driveshafts, why you want your swaybars to remain level, how much bumpstop you will want for your specific build, extended brakelines/brackets, backspacing requirements for the 37's, etc, etc. (note the capitalized ones!! They are in that lift...)

And, be prepared for a lot of people telling you that a 'JK' does not need 4 inches & flats to run 37's...

Quick Reply: Rough Country 4IN JEEP X-SERIES SUSPENSION LIFT KIT