Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 4" X-series Suspension????

Old 12-19-2011, 03:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country 4" X-series Suspension????

Im thinking hard about getting this (and have been for about a month) but before i pull the $1200 trigger i'd like to know what everybody thinks about it. Any and All input is welcome but lets ty not to get off subject this time.

EDIT: heres the link in case anyone wanted to check out the setup,

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_4flex.html

Last edited by b.brewer; 12-19-2011 at 03:27 AM. Reason: added link to product
Old 12-19-2011, 05:51 AM
JK Newbie

anybody?????? anything????
Old 12-19-2011, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

I've been considering this lift also...however, I've found tthat no one offer's up any info when it comes to Rough Country other then the usual...entry level, go with rock krawler 2.5" Max Travel and build it up. The one thing that always comes through loud and clear is that RC has great customer service. I realize I haven't helped you any, or myself for that matter...

C'mon guys & gals...if your running this kit give your feedback, both Pro' & Con's.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

I had their standard 4" and loved it, but it was only $500. I now have the Rock Krawler mid arm kit. Not really much of a comparison but it rides a lot smoother and has a lifetime abuse proof warranty on hard parts. Pretty sure it is around the same price as the Rough country 4" flex kit.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:19 AM
JK Super Freak

OK, here it is. Rc is a great company to deal with. I have been dealing with them for years. Their customer service is top notch, without a doubt. I ran their 6 inch on my tj, and then the 4 inch on the jk. Both are great lifts. Only problem I had were that the JK kits have progressive coils. As I started adding weight above factory, I lost over 1.50 inches of lift, all around. All I added were sliders, winch and a heavy spare (no aftermarket bumpers). Needless to say, when I added all my trail gear, I lost quit a bit of clearance, which was an issue.

My thoughts: If you plan on your JK being used primarily on the road, this is a great kit; rides better than factory. If you plan on using your JK offroad often, this may not be the right kit; or you could just get the kit, then swap out the springs. I ran this lift with their coils for a few months, then I simply bought some used TF coils, and swapped those in. I gained back all of my lift, and then some. Many people on here do this... combine kits, as no one kit is truly going to meet everyones needs. I am still running everything else RC, just not the coils, and it is great so far. No issues with control arms or any other parts.

Last edited by Rockroaster; 12-19-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:23 AM
JK Super Freak

i had a set of there control arms and had alot of problems with them. I ended up going through 3 sets of joints in like 2 months and then they said i wasnt properly installing them which didnt make sense. I swapped to currie joints and probably wont deal with RC ever again
Old 12-19-2011, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you i appreciate the info both good and bad, its good to finally get some feedback on the subject.

RockRoaster... that winch blows my mind, you have to tell me how you did it!!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the older version of this kit. It is OK. One word of advice - DO NOT use the cam bolts - they are destroying my arm mounts and will not hold a torque. Rear end is trouble and maintenance free, but the front needs work after every trip.

They have great customer service.

Mine sags to the right (like most JKUs).
Old 12-19-2011, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

i was also told i dont need a pitman arm or rear track bar with this kit......any truth to that?
Old 12-19-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by b.brewer
i was also told i dont need a pitman arm or rear track bar with this kit......any truth to that?
That's correct. You do not need either. There will be a relocation bracket, axle side, for the rear track bar.

Ps, will send you back a PM on my winch setup in the morning.

Quick Reply: Rough Country 4" X-series Suspension????