Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 4" lift w/ control arms & Tom Woods rear drive shaft

Old 10-31-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rough Country 4" lift w/ control arms & Tom Woods rear drive shaft

Question fellas... will the longer control arms that come with the Rough Country 4" Series ll kit correct the pinion angle created by installing a Tom Woods rear drive shaft?? Or will I have to buy additional adjustable control arms to compensate for the after market shaft install?? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks planman. Why then, knowing that it is necessary to replace the rear drive shaft when lifting a 2dr 4", would they even sell a kit with control arms?? They seem useless...

Last edited by gimp_dkd; 10-31-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:48 PM
JK Jedi

I wish there was a function to email people beers... cause planman has some really deserving posts...
Old 10-31-2009, 09:57 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I'm still new to the aftermarket driveshaft bit, so bear with me here.

Since the new arms supplied with the kit (longer than stock lowers and shorter than stock uppers) bring the axle back to a more 'correct' pinion/caster angle, (allowing a 'stock' like ride, I would assume?), what would an adjustable CA add other than a bit more fine-tuneability?
Old 10-31-2009, 10:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know it's not the most desirable way to adjust pinion, but do the rear upper mounts have the slots that you can cut out to use cam bolts instead of adjustable CA's like the front lowers do??? In other words, is there the option to use cam bolts on the rear uppers instead of adjustable CA's???
Old 11-01-2009, 09:07 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by gimp_dkd
I know it's not the most desirable way to adjust pinion, but do the rear upper mounts have the slots that you can cut out to use cam bolts instead of adjustable CA's like the front lowers do??? In other words, is there the option to use cam bolts on the rear uppers instead of adjustable CA's???
Skyjacker sells a 4" kit with both front and rear cams. I'm sure others do as well...

Quick Reply: Rough Country 4" lift w/ control arms & Tom Woods rear drive shaft