Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough country 4" lift with control arms

Old 12-06-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough country 4" lift with control arms

Hey fellas. Is anyone running the Rough Country 4" lift with the NON adjustable control arms? I know the shocks arent very good but Im looking towards bilistiens anyway. But Check out thier instructions and they have spacers to slightly lower the stock skid plate to avoid the driveshaft cv boot rubbing. Would this cancel the need to replace the driveshafts? I have a four door so this may be lass of an issue for me than two door owners.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:57 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is what I did and my front ds lasted a long time.

Cut off the band on the boot and replaced with a ziptie( the nub on the band will hit the tranny pan under articulation)

Notched the skid AND crossmember

Lowered the skid and crossmember using some washers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	33811

Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	33812

This is no gaurantee that yours won't blow, but it kept me from having to get a new shaft for about a year, (several months on a BB, then a 4in lift) in fact I still have it and the cv joints are not torn and it doesn't seem to be bad. I only off-road once a month, if you go every weekend you'll probably need a front shaft sooner. When I put the 4in on I had an adj front trackbar and got the axle perfectly centered aswell, dunno if it helped keep from ripping the boot, but it didn't hurt.

Quick Reply: Rough country 4" lift with control arms