Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 4" Lift.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country 4" Lift.

Ok I have decided on this one. I have heard I should get Control Arms for it.

Should i,
A: Buy the $499 kit without control arms and buy them from somewhere else? Like adjustable ones?

or

B: Buy the $859 kit that has them but they are not adjustable? But they should work just fine.

Or is there another kit including control arms for around 7-$800?
Old 02-03-2009, 03:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rode around on my rough country 4 inch lift for 3 weeks with stock control arms and no cam bolts. It is not a big deal. I ended up getting the superlift lower control arms from 4wd.com at a discount. Your not making a mistake doing this. That is a good deal on the price. I paid a little over $600 for lift but I got the single shock steering stabilizer. Good luck. You can get the lower control arms from some where else for $200 or $300 bucks.

Last edited by Jusaplaya; 02-03-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

OR, you can get the whole kit from RC with all of the control arms that are made specifically for this lift, and you'll be fine. Just like from the factory, the control arms are designed to work with only this lift! SO, if you decide in the future to change springs or shocks, or a different lift, these CA's won't necessarily work with it as well as they did with the RC setup! Good luck!
Old 02-03-2009, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hmm.. so maybe i should just get the plain kit and get different adjustable control arms then?

Are there any specific ones you recommend?
Old 02-03-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by metatrox
Hmm.. so maybe i should just get the plain kit and get different adjustable control arms then?

Are there any specific ones you recommend?
Teraflex makes some nice ones, as well as Currie.

You do know that you're going to need a front driveshaft also, right?
Old 02-03-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

am i going to NEED one? Because i have seen mixed words about this. Their site says it doesnt NEED one. But people on here have said that you might want one.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

yeah right, i've heard the same, i'm intrested in this two ! i'm also interested in this lift .
Old 02-04-2009, 04:45 AM
JK Freak

am i going to NEED one? Because i have seen mixed words about this. Their site says it doesnt NEED one. But people on here have said that you might want one.
From what I've read and heard...you don't really need them right away! But it is a time bomb waiting to go off! So that gives you time to save up more money to buy them. Far as control arms I would say teraflex, currie, or jks...all known for a great product!
Old 02-04-2009, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Will you need one?.....YES! The better question is when! Realistically, if you never take your rig off of pavement, and it spends it's life crawling the Urban Jungle, then you probably won't need one for a while. It could last one month, or 1 year. who knows, but it will go!
Old 02-04-2009, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I called Dave with Rough Country. He says that if I get the setup with the control arms and Im just a once and a while weekend wheelers I should be fine without replacing drive shafts. He did say that the rubber boot will have extra wear on it and depending on how much you wheel it could go out. But its just so hard to pass up such a good deal on it.

Quick Reply: Rough Country 4" Lift.