Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 4" Lift

Old 12-20-2008, 12:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanx for all membes and specialy Dr.McNinja for helping me..

make sure i will upload some pix after installing the mod..
Old 12-20-2008, 04:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Black 2D JK
thanx for all membes and specialy Dr.McNinja for helping me..
I just followed WayofLife's write-up of Toad's lift. And sent a few PMs. Or a lot.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dr.MCNinja.. On your front track bar relocation bracket. You think I should go ahead and have it welded to the factory bracket. Is that a good idea? What do you think on that one.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:30 AM
JK Freak

I have it and thrash it pretty hard with only a couple issues, nothing major. I had to get an adj front track bar because my pass side spring was rubbing on the frame, also the rear track bar bolt was rubbing on the spring. My right rear is sagging a little but nothing major.
Here are some pics.

vid
Old 12-21-2008, 12:22 PM
JK Freak

You haven't had any problems with your front track bar relocation bracket breaking? Is it better to go on an weld it to other bracket...
Old 12-21-2008, 07:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jusaplaya
Hey Dr.MCNinja.. On your front track bar relocation bracket. You think I should go ahead and have it welded to the factory bracket. Is that a good idea? What do you think on that one.
If you've got someone that can do it, and don't mind it being permanent, then why not? One less piece to break.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:14 PM
JK Freak

Mine is on. It took from 7 to 3:30 this afternoon. It took the most time to do the front end. The rear all just fell together. We kept bumping up the pressure on the air compressor to get the pitman arm to pop off. I had three guys helping me. My swaybar was flipped when I put the tires back on the front. So I had to reflip that. Other than that it was pretty easy job. You can't turn with it like that. Still not sure if I got my front adjustable trackbar dialed in yet. My lowers came in today, but it is to late to fool with them. Airwrench is the ticket on this. I am gonna post some pictures as soon as I get my digital camera charged. My skyjacker front controls arms are in and they are heavy.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:55 PM
JK Freak

:::Before:::

:::After:::

We worked like hell on this thing today at my dads Machine shop in Fort Valley. Hopefully I can take it to Panama City FL for the 4th of July.

Last edited by Jusaplaya; 12-22-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Lookin' good.

Quick Reply: Rough Country 4" Lift