Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 4" Lift

Old 10-26-2008, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country 4" Lift

Anyone who has/had this lift please tell me the pros/cons, likes/dislikes. I have been looking at this lift for a while and just wanted to hear from people who have it. Pics would be nice too

Thanks,

Calvin
Old 10-26-2008, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

I know Toad has one on her 2-door.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CKimbrow
Anyone who has/had this lift please tell me the pros/cons, likes/dislikes. I have been looking at this lift for a while and just wanted to hear from people who have it. Pics would be nice too

Thanks,

Calvin
Well, I have this lift on my 2 door and don't have any dislikes. It was highly recommended by several on this forum to not use the cam bolts for the lower control arm adjustments. I ended up buying adjustable control arms. Also the lift comes with relocation brackets for the brake lines but I ended up buying extended brake lines to prevent breaking one of the factory lines.
The ride was a little stiff at first, but has since softened up and the ride is nice. The flex is great and I'm sure the Currie arms help with that.
Like the other post said, Toad has the lift and it scored well on the RTI ramp.
See this post....http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-news/p...cores#more-326 Sorry I don't have pics available right now.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

I've been running this lift since it came out, no complaints whatsoever!!!!! RCX is a great company and will absolutely anything to make their customers happy and do right by their customers. Its a great lift, i like that the bumpstops are built into the shocks, looks a little cleaner in my opinion. Rides great, looks great, levels out the front rake even without spacers in it. I too baught adjustable lower front control arms, but i did originally use the cam bolts. Cam bolts have their pros... cheap and easy, and their cons... once you notch the factory bolt hole for cams, you can't go back without somehow filling the notch back in. The biggest issue with cam bolts is for some people under heavy wheeling, flex, etc, they move... many just throw a tack weld on them to keep them from going anywhere...

Anyway, you can't beat the price, the ride is great, overall its a great lift. And they're a sponser here on the site, so shoot them a PM or call them up to see if they give a forum discount (i think they do) and order one up

Good luck. Sorry no pics either i'm not at home right now to load any up
Old 10-27-2008, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks alot for the replies, I am going to look more into it, and some adj. control arms.

Calvin
Old 10-27-2008, 09:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

What about driveshats on a 4 door? Anybody know if I would have to change them.

Calvin
Old 12-11-2008, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

I am about to by this lift for a 4dr. What else would yall suggest that I buy to go with it.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

coleadcock, i would suggest that you buy 37" tires to go with it!

once my TJ sells i'm going to get the 4" rough country lift for my unlimited too. I'm going to add a 1" body lift too for a little more clearence, debating about getting the Rough Country Single or Dual Stabalizer...

Some people on here say the factory stabzlizer is completley fine an aftermarket one is just a waste of money, others say you need the dual is fantastic and you should get it... we'll see...
Old 12-11-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Super Freak

So, I just finished installing mine (mostly). Didn't use the cam bolts. I have Currie adjustable lower control arms and JKS front and rear adjustable trackbars coming soon.
Since I just about finished it today, here are some perspective shots, but no wheeling shots.
Now granted, it is fresh and new, but it was 5" with my ruler (from 21" center of wheel to fender flare to 26")

Old 12-11-2008, 03:21 PM
JK Super Freak

I do have a question for the other people with the install. How hard was it to get your tie rod end out of the pittman arm? I've played with it for hours, given up, and going to get some new tools tomorrow I guess. Also need to clean those threads up a little bit from where I was "encouraging" it to come off (not hitting directly with the hammer though).

Quick Reply: Rough Country 4" Lift