Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 3.5" lift

Old 10-13-2011, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country 3.5" lift

Just wondering if anyone is running the RC 3.5" lift kit? and what do you think about it?
Old 10-13-2011, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome!!

Here's a link to get you started:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...untry-3.5-lift.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:02 AM
JK Newbie

I know it's not the subject.... But I am running the rough country X Series 4 inch lift and it is awesome. The body roll is gone and the dive angle when braking is dramatically less than stock. Pretty smooth ride as well. I trimmed my tranny skid plate so no issue with drive shaft rubbing when flexed.

Jared
Old 10-14-2011, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same here I have a 2.5 and love it.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

I have been running the 3.5 lift for a month on my 2012 and its been great. i didnt install the cam bolts and bought the aev drop brackets instead which improved the ride alot. I would recommend them or adjustable lca's. Btw the pitman arm was a bitch to get off but you can rent one for free at pepboys. Rent the tie rod pullers too just in case you cant get the drag link off the pitman arm. those tools saved my life.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys for your responses, I'm just trying to figure out the best lift for me. I am new to the JK world , just sold my TJ and traded for a 2008 unlimited sahara 6speed (that I owe nothing on) I will use the Jeep around Town and take it to the rocky mountains twice a year to go play. I am planing on adding gears, wheels and tires(35's), lift and the Ripp headers with there tuner. and more stuff.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:08 PM
JK Super Freak

I have had mine for about a year now with lots of kms on it! No problem....burned through a set of lower control arm bushings...but it was an older style...I think 1st gen.....called Rough Country and they sent me brand new LCA's.

Great kit and great customer support!!!! Highly recommend it! It's my daily driver and my toy!
Old 10-15-2011, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have 20,000 miles on that lift. It rides great and I really don't have a complaints. I will say that they have made some upgrades to the kit that have made it even better. If you have a 2012, you will need to change the exhaust cross over and get a new front drive shaft eventually.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Actually it was the most complete 3.5 inch lift in that price range. I had it on my 2011 and had absolutely no problems and needed nothing else to drive and enjoy my JK off road. Most lifts in this price range don't include shocks or lower front control arms.

As he said, do your research, most lifts in that price range offer much less than the RC lift you are looking at.

The 2012 has a few new twists that many of the after market guys didn't anticipate. They will get it figured out soon enough.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

This is one of the lifts I'm considering getting and it seems like a really good deal versus some of the other brands but I'm still considering getting the 4" x series

Quick Reply: Rough Country 3.5" lift