Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 3.25 Lift with High Performance 2.2 shocks

Old 08-24-2010, 12:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and for the money, you cannot get this type of product (lift/quality/and completeness) anywhere else. Not saying this lift is totally complete, but for the money, good value IMHO.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

I have had my 3.25" lift since December of 2009... now I have since added another 3/4" spacer and the jeep still sits lower than it did when I first installed the lift. I have not called the customer service about the springs, and I'm not sure if anything will be resolved after 10 months but I may give it a try. I called them once before and they replaced a few leaky shocks with an updated version without any hassle. The people at RC are very nice to deal with and both ordering and customer service.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Just ordered my 3.25"

My lift should be here next week. I'll be out of town that week, but when I get back I will give my .02 on the lift install and ride. I'll be running it with 33's on a 2010 2 door sport.

Would be interested in seeing more pics if anyone else is running this lift with 33's.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Lift is here...

I have received the lift and will be installing it this weekend. And, thanks to my wife, who let me purchase an air-compressor, the lift should go very smooth.

I will take some before/after specs and pics.

My Treadwright 285/75R16's should arrive on Monday and will be on Monday evening (I hope). So, it should be together no later than Tuesday.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Before and After RC 3.25"

A few before and after shots... Wheels should be here this week and tires are in the garage.

Love the ride. Definitely better than stock. Would have taken pics during but ended up doing this solo. Not too bad as long as you have an air compressor.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0045..jpg
Views:	484
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	89965   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0009..jpg
Views:	412
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	89966   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0046..jpg
Views:	473
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	89967   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0010..jpg
Views:	415
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	89968   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0047..jpg
Views:	395
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	89969  

Old 09-21-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any gotchas when installing this kit, I did read over the instructions, seems pretty straight forward.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chipmaker
Any gotchas when installing this kit, I did read over the instructions, seems pretty straight forward.
There were plenty of gotchas with the 3.5" lift install because the instructions are "incomplete". So be prepared to have plenty of tool sizes that aren't listed and a laptop nearby to ask questions when something just doesn't seem right.
And for reference on the kit I'm referring to. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...untry-3.5-lift.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Not Really...

Originally Posted by chipmaker
Pretty straight forward. I did alone with an air-compressor and pry bar. My only issue wasn't with the lift but after installing the brake line extensions on the front the brake lines wouldn't reach the bracket.

Otherwise, take your time and a 12 pack of Shiner and it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Here is the progression my Jeep saw going from stock to the 3.25 RC lift to 37" tires.

Stock

3.25 RC lift on stock tires

3.25 RC lift on 37x13.50x17 Toyo tires

I didn't have any issues with the install or the instructions. I only needed the tool sizes that they listed. I have been running this kit for about 4 months now and have not had any issues. The ride was just a bit stiffer than stock, but changing the tires made more of a difference than the lift did. I have not had any issues with sagging, but I still have the stock front and rear bumpers on the Jeep.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have this lift on my 2010. I did not use the front brackets on the brake lines. I have not had any issues with the brake lines but I do not wheel it. I did use the rear brake brackets. I will get a front adjustable track bar along with lower adjustable control arms later this year. It will just make it ride better.
The ride has been fine and I have put about 5K miles on it in the 4 months it has been in. I notice no sagging as yet and the ride is a little stiffer than stock / new.
It took me about 5 hours with another person. Directions, when I read them were very clear and good. This is not my first lift kit but it was the most complete kit.
I used 17x9 MT wheels with the suggested 4.5 - 4.75 backspacing and have had only slight rubbing on the airdam which I trimmed off.
I did not need to lengthen driveshafts but then again, I have not wheeled it and fully extended the axles. I do not think I would have an issue even if I went to full droop.
Hope this helps.
Mandor

Quick Reply: Rough Country 3.25 Lift with High Performance 2.2 shocks