Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough country

Old 01-30-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RYJAY
Installed the kit 7 stays ago...
I believe it's a little under 3.5"
The rear is already looking a little tight after some settling.
I may end up adding a spacer for a little extra clearance.

I'm another positive vote for an excellent value for a fairly complete kit.
It's a good place to start if you want to 'build' your jeep but don't have the bank roll of some of these guys.
My plan is to start replacing trac bar, control arms, steering components and gears over time, as life allows, and possibly be ready to upgrade to 37's for my next set of tires. ;-)

RJ
A fairly complete kit? What else was needed to complete it? I haven't lefted a vehicle yet, so this will be my first time. The Jeep is my daily driver and I live in Italy so I can't just run down to a part store or automotive shop to get bolts or washers. I have to order everything online. It's a pain in the @$$.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

BTW RJ, I like your Jeep. Bad ass
Old 01-30-2012, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

First off...thanks! :-)

As for 'fairly complete' I didn't mean it was missing anything...
Everything you need to drive your jeep away after installation is included with this kit (keep in mind I did go through the contents page and check off each nut bolt and washer were included before attempting install.

Some members would argue an adjustable trac bar is necessary...or possibly some steering components...or extended brake lines...
I would call those things 'upgrades' which I plan on doing in the future.
I would call this kit a 'basic' kit...and an extremely good value.
:-)

Go for it!
You gotta start somewhere.
Very doable...but give yourself an entire weekend to complete the install. Better safe than sorry.

RJ
Old 01-30-2012, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

Sounds great, How much did those MTR's run you for all 5 and where did you get them?
Old 01-30-2012, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

Discount Tire.

Only got 4 (until I get a carrier) with the rims in the pic and they cost about 1500$ all in.
Great experience and best price I could find (made the trip from Canada to get them).
I believe they offer a deal if you are a member of the forum (and ordering 5). Check in the sponsor section under a very long thread that addresses the benefits of alloy over steel wheels.

Quick Reply: Rough country