Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 2.5" Suspension / 1.25" Body

Old 09-06-2011, 06:15 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our 1.25 body lift has a bracket in it now to raise the bumper up to the body so no gap.

Originally Posted by Andre
To the OP as a point of reference... I installed the RC 2.5" lift kit (no body lift). I am still running the stock Rubicon tires. Before & after pictures are included... I think the spring lift alone would be sufficient to clear 33's... Also, take a close look at a JK with a body lift... It leaves gaps between body & bumpers... Not a deal-breaker for me personally, however it would be unfortunate for you to buy & install the BL only to hate the gaps!

Stock suspension (green tape was used to measure actual lift...):
Attachment 203747

2.5 RC lift kit:
Attachment 203748
Old 09-06-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running 37s with a 2.5 spacer lift with no problems. i did trim the hell out of the pinch seams, and am about to get some flat fenders as i do hit the stock fenders when it starts to flex. so i would say 2.5 lift up to 35s is no problem at all, no body lift needed. it will look a little strange with the 33s, you wont notice much MPG difference between 33s and 35s so just step up to the 35s. BTW, with a flashpaq and 100% highway im getting about 17 mpg through an auto and 4.10s. but its VERY flat around here, no real hills to speak of. around town it drops to about 14-15mpg. But if you're needing fuel efficiency, i'm sorry to say it but you definitely bought the wrong vehicle. LOL

Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.5" Suspension / 1.25" Body