Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 2.5 spacer lift

Old 10-07-2010, 09:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rough Country 2.5 spacer lift

First post from a biiiiiiig JK newb here

Heres what Im thinking about doing so any input from you guys would be great. First off I will not be doing any rock crawling or mud. The extent of my offroading will be beach driving and everyday highway use. I really dont know a whole lot about lifts but talked to some people for a little info so bare with me lol

Thinking about putting the 2.5" RC spacer lift on the sport or sahara Ill be picking up next month and matching it with 35" Mickey Thompson ATZ. The guy at rough country said I dont need anything else to run 35" and this spacer lift will clear them. I have a feeling if I want 35"s other things need to be done like regearing or something. What do you guys think I should do and what else do I need to pick up?

Lastlly has anyone used blackrock steel rims? Dont think I need expensive alloy. Thanks
Old 10-07-2010, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks
I just read through it and so far what Ive gotten was I need to regear to 5.13 and I wont need a new drive shaft because Ill be getting a manual. Everything else was jibberish to me. Is there anything else that is needed that does not come with the kit?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't really plan to take it offroad, I would advise against 35's. They are more expensive, will lower your fuel economy, and will kill some of your acceleration (not that the JK has any!).

That being said, I have 35's with the RC budget boost (Premium, because it comes with shock extensions, brake line brackets, and rear trackbar bracket to recenter your rear axle.) and love it. I had to trim my stock fenders to keep from rubbing under extreme articulation, but on the road was perfectly fine. I also have 4.10's and a 6-speed, and don't see the need to regear, at least not at this point.

If you need some of the function of 35's, and just like the look, I might suggest 33's, as you said most of your driving is on road. It'll save you money, and if you get the tow package with 3.73's, I don't think you'll have to drop the $1000+ to regear.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Great advice. Ill def consider 33s but I dont want to be that guy that wants an upgrade 2 months later and knowing me I probably will. So I really want to run 35s because Ill be doing a lot of beach driving and some of the beaches here get pretty interesting. If it does cost $1,000 to regear I may very well reconsider however lol. I was looking at the premium kit as well. Looks like it has mostly everything maybe except wheel spacers which im not sure ill need. Hope im not missing anything

Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.5 spacer lift