Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 2.5" lift springs.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country 2.5" lift springs.

I know from reading around here that Rough Country is in the process of addressing the sagging issue in the 2.5" lift springs. Anyone have any idea when they will be start sending out an "improved" spring with their lift kits?
Old 10-28-2009, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

They are still a couple of weeks out according to Ben. He says they have figured out what the problem was and they are finishing up the testing.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CA-JK
They are still a couple of weeks out according to Ben. He says they have figured out what the problem was and they are finishing up the testing.
So bottom line............wait a few weeks before ordering LOL
Old 10-28-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Coby Dick
So bottom line............wait a few weeks before ordering LOL
They aren't doing a recall of all the kits currently out there on the shelves, are they? So even if you wait to order...
Old 10-28-2009, 02:16 PM
JK Freak

There's no recall that I know of right now, There are a lot of people out there that have not had any problems with their lift. I'm sure once the new springs are ready to ship they will only be sending those out. Why else would they have taken the 2.5" kit off of their website?
Old 10-28-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine is sagging and they acted like there is going to be a bulletin posted on the site saying if you have an issue type thing. They will probably ask for pictures and if there is the issue then they told me they will send out, now if thats true or not im not sure but they do have great customer service so I feel it will be true.

They did tell me they were still a few weeks out.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great customer service but the replacements they sent me were exactly the same as the defective coils. I am going to return them to RC, and they said they would give me a credit on a future purchase, I ordered Teraflex rear coils to replace them with, the rest of the lift is great so it is staying on for right now. I have no doubt they will make it right, but they also now have a no hassle 60 day money back guarantee on all their lifts - they are doing what ever they can to make it right, I just decided to go with a different brand. I pull a hunting boat a lot and need good suspension in the rear.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is yours even sitting level with the aftermarket bumper or do you have a picture? I know my lift didnt get a full or at all of a 2.5" lift and front coils are just about touching with not added weight any where.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

My front coils are OK - the rugged ridge bumper (without winch) really isn't much heavier than the stock bumper, I am sagging in the rear (with the factory bumper, factory spare tire carrier, but compressed coils), about a 1/2 inch lower than the front.

When I first installed the lift - with the rugged ridge XHD bumper:

3 months later (only 2 off road trips)

Coil 1

Coil 2

Last edited by swanny297; 10-30-2009 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Added Picture
Old 10-30-2009, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by swanny297
My front coils are OK - the rugged ridge bumper (without winch) really isn't much heavier than the stock bumper, I am sagging in the rear (with the factory bumper, factory spare tire carrier, but compressed coils), about a 1/2 inch lower than the front.

When I first installed the lift - with the rugged ridge XHD bumper:

3 months later (only 2 off road trips)

Coil 1

Coil 2
Did you take measurements before the lift, right after you installed the lift and after 3 months?

If so, what were the measurements?

Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.5" lift springs.