Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 2.5 lift

Old 09-19-2012, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Says the older wiser man with experience!

Suspension (even a simple kit) is not something you should do unless you know what your doing. No amount of intergoogles directions can save your wallet or pride form a bad install
Old 09-19-2012, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

I just got the 3.5 lift and it rides great !
Old 09-19-2012, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the the 2.5 on 35s and have no issue at all. Ordering a heavier bumper so I'll see what happens there. I will say I do plan on taking this kit off to build a more customized one.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WVBoard
Says the older wiser man with experience!

Suspension (even a simple kit) is not something you should do unless you know what your doing. No amount of intergoogles directions can save your wallet or pride form a bad install
Sorry you had a bad experience with your DIY Lift Kit. Other than the front end alignment, it's all "bolt-on" stuff.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

I have the 2.5 lift opn my 4 door with the RC shocks. I installed it myself about a year ago. The lift has been great and it rode btter than stock even with their shocks. I have upgraded heavy steel front and rear bumpers with a tire carrier on the rear and a winch and jack on the front bumper. I run 315/70/17 Duractracs (35's) on 17 inch rims, I have cut the fenders. I have not had any sagging. I did not need to install any other items, however, I did add their quick disconnects. I do mild rock climbing in AZ, Broken Arrow, ect and love this lift. It was well worth the money I also did not need a front end alignment after it was installed. I took it for an alignment and the shop, as shocked as they were, said it was perfect and had not changed at all. In the year since I have not had any pulling or abnormal tire wearing.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Devil Dog JK
I have the 2.5 lift opn my 4 door with the RC shocks. I installed it myself about a year ago. The lift has been great and it rode btter than stock even with their shocks. I have upgraded heavy steel front and rear bumpers with a tire carrier on the rear and a winch and jack on the front bumper. I run 315/70/17 Duractracs (35's) on 17 inch rims, I have cut the fenders. I have not had any sagging. I did not need to install any other items, however, I did add their quick disconnects. I do mild rock climbing in AZ, Broken Arrow, ect and love this lift. It was well worth the money I also did not need a front end alignment after it was installed. I took it for an alignment and the shop, as shocked as they were, said it was perfect and had not changed at all. In the year since I have not had any pulling or abnormal tire wearing.

Exactly what I was looking to hear thank you. Will you post a pic of your Rig!?
Old 09-19-2012, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

Im at work now, but I'll take some pics when I get home later and post them for you.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cam36
Not for nothing you get what you pay for, the lift is a great kit for the price, the shocks are stiff but you're not paying for a set of bilsteins. I and everyone I know who's used rough country has had nothing but good things to say about their customer service. I have found them to be extremely helpful. All in all I say +1 to rough country if you are on a budget, no one compares to them as far as low price for a lift..
That's nice, this was my experience and my opinion. I have mine you have yours. period
Old 09-19-2012, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

Let the RC bashing begin from all the haters.
Are you gonna rock crawl with this lift...no.
And why exactly can't you rock crawl with this lift?
Old 09-19-2012, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

Let the RC bashing begin from all the haters.

I dont understand why people love to throw their money away on a "better" lift!

Are you gonna rock crawl with this lift...no. Is it a good quality lift for the money...damn right it is. RC has great customer service too.

Ive had this lift for 2 years and not one issue. Not hating on do-it-yourselfers but most problems come from an inproper install. Ive never heard of anyone who had this lift installed by a reputable shop have any issues.

Live by these worrds unless you have unlimited cash flow..."It is cheaper to pay a professional to do it right the first time than it is to pay one to fix your mistakes later"

Have had this lift for 17 month's no problem's, the ride to me is better than it was when stock Both on & offroad. I had the lift installed by a reputable shop.

Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.5 lift