Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 2.5 lift

Old 09-18-2012, 09:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zmann
About 10 days ago I called Rough Country to complain about my rear springs sagging. The person I talked to guessed that it was the rear springs I was calling about. I asked him if they were aware of a problem and I didnt get a real answer. I took the pictures they asked for and sent them in . I have not got a call back or response from them yet...Ill let you know when I do....

I have included a front pic and a rear pic. The rear is about 1 1/4 inch less than the front spacing.
From my experience, Rough Country has aweful customer service. I had a brand new blown steering stabilizer from them, could never get a response from them. The 2.2 shocks that come with the 2.5 kit are junk, horrible ride for me, especially offroad. For the OP's info, the kit does ride level, unfortunately this is achieved by lifting 2.5" in front, and only 1.8" in rear. This kit is $ cheap for a reason, I learned the hard way why the other kits are so much more $$$, get what ya pay for. IMO ofcourse.

Last edited by k0260; 09-18-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your looking to get some height and not too concerned about performance, this affordable kit does the job. With only 2.5" of lift, I didn't need to do anything extra other than re-aligne steering wheel.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew mine was going to be temporary till I get a nice short arm kit. It's like that little blue pill, it will help get you up but won't last. Lol
Old 09-19-2012, 04:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by k0260

From my experience, Rough Country has aweful customer service. I had a brand new blown steering stabilizer from them, could never get a response from them. The 2.2 shocks that come with the 2.5 kit are junk, horrible ride for me, especially offroad. For the OP's info, the kit does ride level, unfortunately this is achieved by lifting 2.5" in front, and only 1.8" in rear. This kit is $ cheap for a reason, I learned the hard way why the other kits are so much more $$$, get what ya pay for. IMO ofcourse.
Not for nothing you get what you pay for, the lift is a great kit for the price, the shocks are stiff but you're not paying for a set of bilsteins. I and everyone I know who's used rough country has had nothing but good things to say about their customer service. I have found them to be extremely helpful. All in all I say +1 to rough country if you are on a budget, no one compares to them as far as low price for a lift..
Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

I have the 3.25" kit, which uses the same springs and adds .75" spacers to achieve 3.25". My rear does sit 2" lower, but I also have a 35" spare and a warn bumper/tire carrier. The 3.25" kit comes with a rear tracbar bracket, brake line relocation brackets, and new swaybar links. I have added a front adjustable tracbar. I am very happy overall and like the look of it sitting lower in the rear. I will keep an eye on my rear springs to see if I get any further sagging. It rides very good for what it is. With the rear tracbar bracket, adjustable front tracbar, and a procal centered steering wheel, the JK's road manners are great. I also added teraflex front and rear bumpstops and they are the perfect length to maximize my flex while keeping the 35s out of my factory fenders.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I plan on keeping this lift through college then getting a much more serious lift. So for te money td worth it ? Also do you think I will get away with just the lift? I'm running 33s right now and I want the potential for 35s
Old 09-19-2012, 10:39 AM
JK Freak

Has anyone gotten the 2.5 inch springs from a 4 door and run them on a 2 door? thinking about doing this and adding either rancho shocks or bilsteins...
Old 09-19-2012, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

Let the RC bashing begin from all the haters.

I dont understand why people love to throw their money away on a "better" lift!

Are you gonna rock crawl with this lift...no. Is it a good quality lift for the money...damn right it is. RC has great customer service too.

Ive had this lift for 2 years and not one issue. Not hating on do-it-yourselfers but most problems come from an inproper install. Ive never heard of anyone who had this lift installed by a reputable shop have any issues.

Live by these worrds unless you have unlimited cash flow..."It is cheaper to pay a professional to do it right the first time than it is to pay one to fix your mistakes later"
Old 09-19-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyprc
Wanna be that friend ha?
Wanna be the sacrificial lamb? I havn't done mine quite yet. But I've been studying long and hard.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WVBoard
Live by these worrds unless you have unlimited cash flow..."It is cheaper to pay a professional to do it right the first time than it is to pay one to fix your mistakes later"
Says the man with plenty of cash.

Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.5 lift