Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 2.5 coil lift questions on aditions???

Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thecoz
So I called RC tonight and ordered the rear track bar bracket and talked to the guy about the sway bar links and he said I don't need them with my 2.5 inch kit...Anyone think this guy is right??
Also I will post pics when I get back to America...less than 30 days
I didn't get the longer links, and for the most part it's fine. Trying to reconnect after some offroading can be a pain if you're not on completely level ground.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the lift in my signiture and have a few random questions.
How come sometimes you see shocks mounted what seams like upside down and sometimes not??
Any advantage or disadvatage or just depends on what shock??
Do I need to order sway bar links for the rear woth my kit?
I believe you move the rears to the front??
Does this kit come with breakline extentions??
I found some longer breaklines on quadratec for 115
Any thoughts or advice, thanks
The 2.5 coil lift kit with shocks comes with the rear track bar bracket from what i remember. you dont need anything else except maybe bump stop extensions depending on what tire you're gonna run.
brake lines on mine stayed stock and are fine. and you don't need wheel spacers, again depending on the tire size you're going with.
you don't need longer links either. i kept mine stock and have no issues with a 2.5 in lift.
any higher and its a different ball game
Old 04-26-2012, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

you don't need longer rear swaybar links and you do need brake line extensions in the rear and not in the front.
Also, you probably don't "need" it in order to drive the jeep. but I ended up getting an adjustable track bar and adjustable lower control arms so that you can get your front end alignment. Mine was really flighty on the freeway until after it was aligned properly.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had that lift on 2 JKs so far and never had any problems at all out of it. The shocks are made to be mounted "upside down" they aren't really upside down, it's how they are made. It is done to slightly reduce unsprung weight. In theory it makes the vehicle handle better.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snakeyes76
The 2.5 coil lift kit with shocks comes with the rear track bar bracket from what i remember. you dont need anything else except maybe bump stop extensions depending on what tire you're gonna run.
brake lines on mine stayed stock and are fine. and you don't need wheel spacers, again depending on the tire size you're going with.
you don't need longer links either. i kept mine stock and have no issues with a 2.5 in lift.
any higher and its a different ball game
The kit did NOT come with rear track bar bracket I'm 100% sure I talked to RC last night and ordered one, also from what I have read the bump stop extentions are NOT needed because of the 2.2 shocks have internal one's. Anyone have thoughts about these two facts.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by revvinkevin
I've had that lift on 2 JKs so far and never had any problems at all out of it. The shocks are made to be mounted "upside down" they aren't really upside down, it's how they are made. It is done to slightly reduce unsprung weight. In theory it makes the vehicle handle better.
Thanks for the reply. So you mounted the shocks with body end on top and the part that moves on the bottom? Is that what the instructions say about the RC 2.2 shocks? I was reading that if you mount shocks upside down when they were not designed that way that it will f#ck the shock up??
Old 04-27-2012, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

i installed my 2.5" coil/shock teraflex lift about 5 weeks ago it came with the sway bar links for the rear, i went out and bought moog sway bar links for the front, i just asked for the stock rears and put 'em in the front plus they have grease zerks on them so you can maintain the balljoint. my kit also came with the trackbar bracket, piece of cake to install, i however did not use the brake line extension brackets as a friend of mine has the same lift and he had the extensions installed and his rear brake lines chaffed on the rear shocks and one line was nearly worn down far enough to cause a burst in the brake line, i havn't ordered my brakes lines from quadratec yet but at the advertised price you can't go wrong. i helped my friend do his brake line install on his jeep before he left for moab and it was quite simple, the only thing to remember with the JK calipers is they need lots of bleeding, once your new lines are installed you have to bleed them in a farthest to closest (to master cylinder) order but do the rotation at least 2 times if you've allowed most of the brake fluid to drain out of the calipers, you can pop bleeder cap in the caliper to prevent this or you can order the speed bleeders from quadratec as well with your brake lines and it will aid with your brake bleeding procedure
Old 05-23-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default no need for sway bar links

So I called RC tonight and ordered the rear track bar bracket and talked to the guy about the sway bar links and he said I don't need them with my 2.5 inch kit...Anyone think this guy is right??
Also I will post pics when I get back to America...less than 30 days

They told me the same thing. If you aren't changing to longer shocks then you don't need them because you won't have any additional movement without new shocks. Not sure, but I'm gonna try it. My lift arrived today and I'm taking off Friday to install.

Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.5 coil lift questions on aditions???