Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 2.5" Budget Boost - Do I do it or not?

Old 09-11-2008, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like my RC 2.5 BB. The one thing I did was put new OME coils up front and longer shocks all around. Works great, clears my 33's with enough room, and can clear 35's when I put some high clearance fenders on.
Here is mine:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-11-2008, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07WrangX
Like my RC 2.5 BB. The one thing I did was put new OME coils up front and longer shocks all around. Works great, clears my 33's with enough room, and can clear 35's when I put some high clearance fenders on.
Here is mine:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Just curious, what made you add the OME coils up front?
Old 09-11-2008, 02:44 PM
JK Newbie

24 ext., 14 collapsed f/24 ext, 14.5 collapsed r. So far I am very pleased with mine.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:53 PM
J2H
JK Enthusiast

What kind of Snorkel is that!?
Old 09-11-2008, 04:09 PM
ptireman

Default RC 2.5 BB w/ 2.2 shocks

I put it on myself two months ago and love it .I think it rides better than stock and levels your Jeep out.As far as needing anything else I'm going to get the extended brake lines just for extra peace of mind.About 2 - 3 hours start to finish with no air tools. Good luck
Old 09-22-2008, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

I was looking at the RC 2.5 BB kit as well and what all do you get with the $139 package? It says "shock relocator brackets", I assume that isn't the shock extensions...am i right?
Old 09-22-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

FWIW, I put a TF 2.5 BB with shock extendors, I also used a Daystar 3/4" spacer on top in front to level it. I recomend the TF 2.5 kit, it had everything I needed. I am currently using stock Rubi wheels & tires. I wheel it lightly, mostly mild trails and beach driving on weekends. It is a DD.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Ben
JK Freak

Teej, that was a pretty good write up, but I have to disagree with you on the open diffs of these new jk's.

On all the older jeeps that just had lsd or nothing at all in the diff the wheel in the air would just spin while the one on the ground laughs at you.

But the BLD's in the jk can compensate even in this 0 traction situation and mine have many times.

Granted it is not as smooth as a locker, and somtimes takes some more "violent" driving, (jerking over an obstacle vs. slowly crawling up it,) but it does work! A great achievement for the engineers in my opinion as it gives even the most humble of jk's the ability to turn all four wheels in low traction situations.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by In5ane
I was looking at the RC 2.5 BB kit as well and what all do you get with the $139 package? It says "shock relocator brackets", I assume that isn't the shock extensions...am i right?
I just put one on. You get 4 spring spacers and 4 shock extensions (relocator brackets). All they do is allow the shocks to mount at the same extension as the stock setup.

It was not too bad to install, but search the forums first for some hints that will help.

If you just want a small boost to run 33s or for fun, it should be perfect. To me, it does not even look like it is lifted, though it is 2" higher.

Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.5" Budget Boost - Do I do it or not?