Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 2.2 performance Shocks

Old 12-27-2007, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country 2.2 performance Shocks

I have been trying to sell a rough country 4" kit since October with no sucess so last night I decided that i would just use the shocks and adjustable trackbar on my current set up (2.5 teraflex with 3/4 Spacers in front) and either sell the coils and other parts separate someday or buy control arms and shafts in few years and install the rest of it.

anyways I installed the shocks and they seemed to really improve the ride. they have built in bumpstops on them which helps. they made quite a difference for the better. they arent as stiff as stock but still provide good body roll control.

Just my two cents if anyone was wondering.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just contacted RC through the web chat and the customer service over there was lacking. Its now brackets and DPA only! Used to have an adjustable front track bar.

I asked the following questions on the web chat:

Are the transfer case cross member shims needed for an unlimited? Yes

Does the steering stabilizer have the same look as the new 2.2 silver cased shock? NO, but will in the future.

Who makes the shocks? Cant say.

Who makes the springs? Cant say.

Do you have an RTI score for the 4" with 35" tires? Wouldnt answer.

Shock travel length? WOuldnt answer

What is the kits warrantee? Wouldnt answer

THEN HE ENDED IT AFTER TELLING ME TO WAIT!

The guys name was BEN. Customer service sucks over there and they were not willing to answer a few easy questions for real wheelers.

I think they market their CRAP to people who just want a street Jeep. FOR BID they take anyone seriously.

Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.2 performance Shocks