Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country .

Old 06-14-2010, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like RC a lot, great service so far!
Old 06-14-2010, 08:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKU Rubicon
RC has an excellent service. But the shocks are breaking more often than the other manufacturers.

In Quebec, many jeepers have problems with the RC shocks when the temp. is under minus 20 C; the oil gets very hard inside the shocks

IMHO, I prefer to pay more and have better shocks

THe other products are good

If you guys want to buy RC products, the only retailer in Quebec is PJF4X4. It's cheaper to buy from PJF4X4 than to buy online from USA
National 4WD Center in Chateaugay is a RC retailer too. Cheaper to order from them than on the website. You can give Mike a call at 450-691-8338. He is a great guy who can help a lot with advice and knowledge. They are sponsor here too. ( rcjeep )
Old 06-14-2010, 02:38 PM
JK Freak

RC has an excellent service. But the shocks are breaking more often than the other manufacturers.

In Quebec, many jeepers have problems with the RC shocks when the temp. is under minus 20 C; the oil gets very hard inside the shocks

IMHO, I prefer to pay more and have better shocks

THe other products are good

If you guys want to buy RC products, the only retailer in Quebec is PJF4X4. It's cheaper to buy from PJF4X4 than to buy online from USA
I sure hope I don't have problems with my shocks in the winter. A new National 4WD centre just opened up here and I ordered my kit with 2.2 performance shocks. My Jeep is the only vehicle I drive in the winter and we average -30C here. Usually a week or two of -40C every winter. Lots of long highway trips, too. Guess I'm glad to hear to customer service is usually good.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

Not exactly on topic but no complaints when dealing with Ben the RC rep, but when I recently phoned one of the two RC dealers here in BC about ordering the RC front bumper end caps I would have to say I would not want these people selling my product or representing me. I will not give the name of the RC dealer but the lady I spoke to was a hag. She told me that, "I haven't ordered those in cause I don't know who would want to do that to their bumper. Plus you'd have to be an engineer or a welder to do it anyways." I laughed at her and said my good byes. I then phoned the second dealer and even after supplying the guy with a part # he had no idea what I was talking about and after taking my name and # he said he would call me right back with a quote... that call never came.

I then phoned Ben and got quick, polite service with no issues. I would have phoned him first (and will in the future) but ordering things from across the border can be a pain sometimes, but as I learned in this instance it was more of a pain trying to order this side of the border.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jku rubicon
rc has an excellent service. But the shocks are breaking more often than the other manufacturers.

In quebec, many jeepers have problems with the rc shocks when the temp. Is under minus 20 c; the oil gets very hard inside the shocks

imho, i prefer to pay more and have better shocks

the other products are good

if you guys want to buy rc products, the only retailer in quebec is pjf4x4. It's cheaper to buy from pjf4x4 than to buy online from usa
you are def wrong about it being cheaper rc is a direct ship company they use no middle men which is how they keep there prices so low
Old 06-14-2010, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MasterG
National 4WD Center in Chateaugay is a RC retailer too. Cheaper to order from them than on the website. You can give Mike a call at 450-691-8338. He is a great guy who can help a lot with advice and knowledge. They are sponsor here too. ( rcjeep )
Thanks for the update. Last time I bought there was in 2008, and they were not a RC retailer.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by silentfro
you are def wrong about it being cheaper rc is a direct ship company they use no middle men which is how they keep there prices so low
Hey dude Read my post once again

I wrote that the RC products are good

I'm only talking about the RC shocks
Old 06-14-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by KSRubicon
The disconnect links are great; nice qaulity. However, the passenger side hanger that sits on the frame (where the disconnected links mount up for off-roading) doens't fit at all. The disconnected link simply can't swing over the sway bar and mount up on the hanger. I'm not a mechanical newbie, hell my wife could install this without instructions, but geometry is geometry and it doesn't fit.
hmmm.. I've never had a bit of trouble attaching my RC discos on the frame mounts. When I installed mine I mounted my drivers side bracket then attached my disco to it, marked where the passenger disco needed to be w/ a punch, then drilled/mounted it.... no problems.

Love my quick discos and i've had great service w/ RC.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:27 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the update. Last time I bought there was in 2008, and they were not a RC retailer.
They don't stock RC parts in store but they can order with a discount as a retailer. but last time I bought RC parts from N4WD I experienced a huge delay in shipment.... huge.

Since we are in Quebec, we can order from NR and save that damn TVQ. N4WD will price match nearly anything except for that (insert your own insult here) tax. So for the same item, we are paying a lil more than NR but you got a customer service and you can go there to ask question on installation or you can even pay them to install the part you bought.

And you can touch the parts before buying.. even trying before buying.. that save me a couple of $$..

Where are you in Montreal BTW ?
Old 06-15-2010, 03:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MasterG
They don't stock RC parts in store but they can order with a discount as a retailer. but last time I bought RC parts from N4WD I experienced a huge delay in shipment.... huge.

Since we are in Quebec, we can order from NR and save that damn TVQ. N4WD will price match nearly anything except for that (insert your own insult here) tax. So for the same item, we are paying a lil more than NR but you got a customer service and you can go there to ask question on installation or you can even pay them to install the part you bought.

And you can touch the parts before buying.. even trying before buying.. that save me a couple of $$..

Where are you in Montreal BTW ?
NorthRigde Canada is very good, but unfortunately the choice is limited. Stan can't order all the products from Northridge USA

I'm almost Montrealer; I live in Repentigny Beach

Quick Reply: Rough Country .