Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country .

Old 06-11-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rough Country .

I ordered the 3.25 inch coil lift about a month ago. The installation was simple. Had it all done in 2 1/2 hours. The next week after the installation I took it out for a ride out to Ballarat then into the Panamint mountains. We had a blast. When we got home I wasked the X and noticed the rear LT shock was moist. I wiped it off and continued to drive it. A few days later I looked again and noticed it was seeping just a bit. I called Rough Country and explained what was happening. 4 day's later UPS shows up at the door and I get a box from Rough Country. To my surprise, they sent me one rear shock and one front shock. So I get on the phone and spoke to the same fella I had spoke to about the leaky one. He said it was not a mistake and to enjoy my new shocks. He also apologized for the first set leaking.

All I can say is, thats SERVICE!
Old 06-12-2010, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Serg5000
I ordered the 3.25 inch coil lift about a month ago. The installation was simple. Had it all done in 2 1/2 hours. The next week after the installation I took it out for a ride out to Ballarat then into the Panamint mountains. We had a blast. When we got home I wasked the X and noticed the rear LT shock was moist. I wiped it off and continued to drive it. A few days later I looked again and noticed it was seeping just a bit. I called Rough Country and explained what was happening. 4 day's later UPS shows up at the door and I get a box from Rough Country. To my surprise, they sent me one rear shock and one front shock. So I get on the phone and spoke to the same fella I had spoke to about the leaky one. He said it was not a mistake and to enjoy my new shocks. He also apologized for the first set leaking.

All I can say is, thats SERVICE!
that is good customer service. i actually saw a recent thread on this forum, where a forum member was going back and fourth with BDS about their faulty suspension under warranty and they WONT replace it. good to know about your experience, as i am still debating what lift to buy.

Last edited by Pluke the 2; 06-12-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When i found out that my shock bracket was bent into spread out Z, i called RC as well. They sent me two replacement front shock brackets and one rear. Their service is pretty awesome, oh and when i asked about getting some decals, they sent me two big white decals and two large siver decals, which i represent on my Jeep.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is great to know! I just ordered a kit from Rough Country and should get it in a week or two. I don't expect it to fail but it's good to know they'll back me up if it does!
Old 06-13-2010, 02:38 AM
ksk
JK Enthusiast

Ive had a rough country lift and their 2.2 series shocks for about 3 yrs now....shocks are still doin great...i wheel the heep pretty often aswell. Ive got no complaints whatsoever despite some of the posts ive seen here...

KSK
Old 06-13-2010, 04:25 AM
JK Freak

RC is the way to go..
Old 06-13-2010, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've also had the shock problem and they sent me a front and rear as well. So I have a spare if it's ever needed. IF they sent you progressive rate coils watch them cause they'll probably sag. If they do be sure to call them, they'll you send non-progressive coils and it will ride a ton better.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

I recently ordered a stock steering stabilizer for my JK. Instead they sent out the kit to make their upgraded 2.2 stabilizer into a 2 shock system. I called them up and they sent out the correct kit right away. I asked if they were going to issue a call tag for the wrong stuff and they said "let's just get you the right parts for now" (or words to that effect). A few days later the proper stuff appears and I get it installed.

So I went to their website to email them about getting them their other kit back. I was surprised when someone popped up w/ a live chat immediately! They told me to keep it, it would cost more to ship it back than it was worth. Anyway, although receiving the wrong stuff in the first place was a bit annoying, I was very happy with their customer service. I'll do business with them again.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

RC has an excellent service. But the shocks are breaking more often than the other manufacturers.

In Quebec, many jeepers have problems with the RC shocks when the temp. is under minus 20 C; the oil gets very hard inside the shocks

IMHO, I prefer to pay more and have better shocks

THe other products are good

If you guys want to buy RC products, the only retailer in Quebec is PJF4X4. It's cheaper to buy from PJF4X4 than to buy online from USA

Last edited by JKU Rubicon; 06-14-2010 at 06:33 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

My experience has not been so good with RC on my latest purchase from them. I bought the quick disconnects with the frame hangers for the disco's. The disconnect links are great; nice qaulity. However, the passenger side hanger that sits on the frame (where the disconnected links mount up for off-roading) doens't fit at all. The disconnected link simply can't swing over the sway bar and mount up on the hanger. I'm not a mechanical newbie, hell my wife could install this without instructions, but geometry is geometry and it doesn't fit. I've called and Instant Messaged on the RC site and even left a message for the RC guy here on the forum and I've been treated like a hot potato.

Quick Reply: Rough Country .