Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 1.25 body lift

Old 01-05-2013, 02:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country 1.25 body lift

I have a JKU 12 manual have been told a body lift for mine is an issue because the lift gets in the way of the gearshift. Is the extra inch worth the long term effect on the body? Is there any long term effect? Directions calls for a professional to do install any thoughts on that?
Old 01-05-2013, 02:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Who told you this and wondering if they are calling the gear shift issue the same as 07-11 with having to get the gear shift extension or cut the rubber boot? Curious to see
Old 01-05-2013, 02:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Lucas
Who told you this and wondering if they are calling the gear shift issue the same as 07-11 with having to get the gear shift extension or cut the rubber boot? Curious to see
Kit comes with a gearshift extension to keep it from hitting body/frame. Don't remember who told me but i heard it more than once
Old 01-05-2013, 03:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Rough Country comes with a shifter extention that none of the other manufacturers do. It also comes with rear bumper relocation brackets to raise your back bumper up to hide the Gap at the pinch seam. Theirs is the most complete kit,though you do have to order the manual trans kit to get the extention.

Install is simple and does not require any special tools except a jack, a block of wood, sockets, and I would use some Loctite.

You have to have access to a grinder(bench grinder is best).
Old 01-05-2013, 03:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

You might MSG some of the sponsors or shops on forum about it. I bet they could clear it up quick. Couldn't t tell you though Let us know I'm curious to find out
Old 01-05-2013, 04:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im gonna be getting the body lift too. If you dont get the shifter extension you have to cut the metal lip around the shifter bezel. But I rather gave a cleaner look. Plus the RC body mounts are made to the same shape as the stock mounts.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep in mind the later JK unlimiteds only have ten body mounts and the two doors only have eight. Originally it was 12 and 10. I thoroughly read the instructions that clearly showed twelve mounts and became very frustrated that I could not find the other two. Turns out, there were no extra two. Very easy install.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

guess i found my next mod. anybody do this on a 2012 manual? pics would be helpful

Last edited by ny in md; 01-05-2013 at 05:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Rough Country 1.25 body lift