Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Are Rotopax Legal ??

Old 02-27-2014, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoysRig
My rotopax is the worst investment I've made to date. I hate how they swell and shrink due to air pressure and heat and cold. Middle of summer they swelled up from air pressure inside that I couldn't get them off mount. The spouts are the worst, they work all of about 10 times before the mechanics of them start to have problems. Don't get me started on what a joke the locking mounts are.
X2 on that, I replaced them with NATO jerry cans.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be less worried about the legality than the insurance implications. Law enforcement isn't likely to say much unless there's a problem, or they're out for blood. But, if you get in an accident look out. (IANAL) This is a particular concern if you live in a state that has some form of lift law. Your insurance company is very likely within their authority to not cover you if the lift or other illegal modification attributed to either the accident or increased damage.

Quick Reply: Are Rotopax Legal ??