Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Roof Racks JK Soft Top

Old 03-12-2012, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof Racks JK Soft Top

I have a 4 door unlimited X and Im looking for a roof rack.
I looked at Gobi, but that alot more then I what to spend.
The less expensive the better.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:55 AM
JK Super Freak

What are you going to use it for and do you have a height limit?
Old 03-12-2012, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Carry small 14 foot alm boat.
Have no hieght limit
Old 03-12-2012, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Check out Body Armor, Warrior Products, the Kongo Cages, and JC Whitney has a rack I heard good things about. There are more out there too.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Called JC Whitney today they said they dont have one that will work, will check with the others.
Thanks
Old 06-03-2012, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default Body Armor Roof Rack

Just bought the Body Armor JK-6124 rack. (Same as smittybilt, JCW, and many others) Only $300 on sale. I've seen it priced at $500-650 most places, but was very patient until I found it on sale. And BA has a $100 rebate until June 30. I will post pics when installed and mounted. (in the coming 1-2 weeks) I will be carrying one canoe and two kayaks on a regular basis. it mounts directly the frame and is rated at 350lbs of load. From looking at all the others that have bought this rack it seems to one of the few that will solve the soft top question and still be affordable.

Key for me was the need for use with a soft top and that let me fold it down and up with zero issues. And I can still put on my hard top back on for the winter with this rack.

Yes the other racks out there, at $1000-1500 are absolutely fantastic, and are built like a tank. but for the budget, this rack seems to the solution for many of us.

I will plan on giving full report after a summer of use. let us know what you end up with too.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by traveler57
Just bought the Body Armor JK-6124 rack. (Same as smittybilt, JCW, and many others) Only $300 on sale. I've seen it priced at $500-650 most places, but was very patient until I found it on sale. And BA has a $100 rebate until June 30. I will post pics when installed and mounted. (in the coming 1-2 weeks) I will be carrying one canoe and two kayaks on a regular basis. it mounts directly the frame and is rated at 350lbs of load. From looking at all the others that have bought this rack it seems to one of the few that will solve the soft top question and still be affordable.

Key for me was the need for use with a soft top and that let me fold it down and up with zero issues. And I can still put on my hard top back on for the winter with this rack.

Yes the other racks out there, at $1000-1500 are absolutely fantastic, and are built like a tank. but for the budget, this rack seems to the solution for many of us.

I will plan on giving full report after a summer of use. let us know what you end up with too.

Where did you get it for $300?

Quick Reply: Roof Racks JK Soft Top