Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Roof rack question

Old 01-30-2013, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof Rack

I have a Yakima setup that requires that 4 small footprints be attached by drilling through the hard top. The crossbars are very easily attached and removed simply by moving the cover on the uprights that hold the crossbars; no tools required.

When the crossbars are off all you can see are the 4 small footprints that are maybe 6 inches long and a couple inches high, they have a small cover for each that are rounded and give it a nice finished look.

I mainly use mine to carry canoes, and really appreciate the easy on/off action. If you'd like they carry a basket you can attach to the crossbars, I would think that the enclosed boxes that Yakima carries would also work if that's your thing.

One reason I went this way is that I already owned Yakima bars, and I really didn't need the full cages that other options involve.

Sorry but I have no pictures, but you can see what I'm describing in the Quadratec (sp?) catalog, or just visit Yakimas web site.

I have a 4 door, the only downside is that you're advised not to attach to the freedom panels, so the bars aren't as far apart as I would otherwise like, but it works fine. This setup probably won't handle as much weight as others, but single canoes as a breeze.

Last edited by Heeper; 01-30-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Roof rack question