Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which roof rack?

Old 12-05-2012, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am waiting for my Gobi rack to get here in the mail any day now. After searching all over for options the Gobi really did it for me. They are also running a special on if you buy a rack you get a free accessory free until the holidays I believe. I was able to get a second ladder at no cost. Saved me almost 200 bucks.

The things that sold it for me was I can still remove my freedom panels upfront without taking off the roof rack or doing some kind of flip to it. I can mount my hi-lift, axe, and shovel with the provided locking tie downs. I was able to get the optional mount for my spare to go up top. It comes standard with tabs to mount four lights in the front above the windshield and two in the back over the tailgate area. They were very friendly and added a tab for a CB antenna where I wanted at no extra cost. Plus it will also fit other manufacturers awning systems.

High quality, heavy duty, covers what I was looking for, and good customer service. I mean what more could you ask for really?

I will post pictures when I get it on.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get a ton of compliments on the ARB Awning. Gobi is more expensive but worth EVERY penny
Old 12-05-2012, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Also love my Gobi. Great rack

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2948108040.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	395517

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-234444854.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	395518
Old 12-05-2012, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with Wild Boar. Love it and no issues Top rack folds up with just two knobs so you can open tops etc with ease. Strong design and super easy to install.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all of the replies fellas, I think I will be going with the Gobi Ranger!

Quick Reply: Which roof rack?