Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Roof Mounted Tent???

Old 02-15-2007, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof Mounted Tent???

Hello all this is my first posting. I am curious if anyone has mounted a expedition style tent (think Land Rover) to their Jk. I know there is a multitude of tent manufacturers and one has to work..... would an exo cage be needed? Thanks for the info....
Old 02-15-2007, 08:30 PM
TCM
JK Newbie

I plan to mount a roof tent myself. If anyone has experience with these it would be good to have some feedback. Eezi-Awn and Hannibal are my top picks. I hope to mount it permanently to the hardtop without a separate rack system.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:52 PM
JK Newbie

The hannibal is a rad set up....I know that the hardtop couldn't handle the weight of two persons. I was thinking it would have to be directly mounted to the roll bar/bars in order to work.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Poptop Camper

You mean like this?

Old 02-16-2007, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

I saw that at sema as well, nice looking but I don't think it will reach production. I was thinking of a hannibal style tent that mounts to a roll cage or other existing structure. But thanks for the reply.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:59 AM
JK Super Freak

I thought that was pretty awsome too... but I bet it would cost an arm and a leg.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:28 PM
TCM
JK Newbie

I think it is possible AEV will bring this to production. It is very similar to a tent manufactured by an Italian company called Columbus. More info on Columbus tents can be found here, http://www.autohomeus.com/products/columbus.php. They probably have a stock unit that would fit nicely on the JK maybe just not quite as slick as the AEV unit.

Quick Reply: Roof Mounted Tent???