Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Roof Basket

Old 11-07-2013, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roof Basket

Will the Garvin Industries Adventure Rack Basket Garvin Industries 44412 - Garvin Industries Adventure Rack Basket for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

fit on a HighRock 4X4™ Overhead Rack by Bestop? Bestop 41415-01 - HighRock 4X4™ Overhead Rack for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

Im looking to make this my set up but want to know if they're will be any mounting problems also are if you could post pics of your Cargo rack combos so I could get an idea of what I should look at.

Thank you!
Old 11-07-2013, 03:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TacomanBJK12
Will the Garvin Industries Adventure Rack Basket Garvin Industries 44412 - Garvin Industries Adventure Rack Basket for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec fit on a HighRock 4X4™ Overhead Rack by Bestop? Bestop 41415-01 - HighRock 4X4™ Overhead Rack for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec Im looking to make this my set up but want to know if they're will be any mounting problems also are if you could post pics of your Cargo rack combos so I could get an idea of what I should look at. Thank you!
I'm sure you could creatively get it to fit but the bestop high rock is pretty severely weight limited. I think the max is like 70 pounds. With the larger garvin basket (weight?) you may be tempted to overload.

The bestop rack is ok but kind of a temporary rack. I use it for occasional loading up camping gear for the boys. Tents sleep bags and packs. That's about the max.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've also looked at the bestop high rock rack too however I think I'll be going with a kargomaster Kongo cage and a universal type roof top tent rack for future rooftop tenting or loading heavier items.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanna stay under 1000 with this rack and I have a soft top also i dont wanna drill into the jeep thats why I like the bestop rack alot
Old 11-08-2013, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same feelings here. Best bit is that the Congo cage mounts to existing holes and is $800 here in Australia. Is's a US product so you should be able to get it for under $600.

Quick Reply: Roof Basket