Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rocksliders

Old 01-01-2010, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocksliders

I still have the rubi rails, but want something a little tougher, not for rocks. (for dead trees and stumps and other country town obstructions). I really like the Off Road Evolution ones, i just dont know if they will work with the ones i already have. I know the rubi rails wont do anything, but i just dont like the sheet metal look and that would be the only reason i would keep them. By the way, what do the off road evolution sliders weld to? IS there a picture of the weld?

THanks
Jackson
Old 01-01-2010, 09:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check these out...
I use them and abuse them and they never fail!!!

http://jeepswag.com/rubitubes/index.html

Attachment 34788

Last edited by wayoflife; 03-17-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

i was really looking for a step, and this is a great solution. So all i got to do is weld it on, seems easy enough.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Go Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers or go home

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/poison-spyder-rocker-knocker-slider-install-4-door-jk-104091/

Old 01-02-2010, 12:16 AM
JK Freak

The Shrockworks sliders can be fabricated (upon request, at no additional charge) to work with the stock Rubi rails in place. This would put the Shrockworks rails about 1.5" (if I remember correctly) lower than they would otherwise put them, but it would work, and looks pretty nice. Shrockworks has a photo on their website of a red 2-door Rubicon with the stock rails in place. Downsides are the extra weight of the stock rails which no longer serve as armor, and the lower clearance, however with the the sliders 1.5" lower, they're easier to step up on.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the mopar enhanced rock rails and they are the same as the stock rubicon except they have a metal tube on the outside to protect the door better from sliding into trees and objects. I have hit them very hard several times underneath and from the side and have no signiifcant damage do them. I think the stock rubicons rails are quite effective actually.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:38 AM
JK Junkie

Shrockworks or EVO hands down.

Quick Reply: Rocksliders