Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rockridge4wd LED Tail Light Conversion Kit?

Old 03-28-2014, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have these also. simple install just make sure you secure the resistor to a stable location or itll break on you and make a banging sound. i did mine a lil different and added 2 more reverse lights to each side. ill have to try and find that picture.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GuytonJK13
i have these also. simple install just make sure you secure the resistor to a stable location or itll break on you and make a banging sound. i did mine a lil different and added 2 more reverse lights to each side. ill have to try and find that picture.
Any advice on how you installed your load resistors? Did you use the plastic clips that came in the package or cut and splice the wire? Also the revers ligh has two small wires in one do this get spliced together when splicing tj to the harness? Sorry I suck at electric
Old 04-12-2014, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Monte417
Any advice on how you installed your load resistors? Did you use the plastic clips that came in the package or cut and splice the wire? Also the revers ligh has two small wires in one do this get spliced together when splicing tj to the harness? Sorry I suck at electric
Don't use the clips I did..they didn't make full contact and still blink'd quick. I used the cynlider style connectors... Two wires on one side and one wire on the others or each connector it self for the two hookups on each side. If that makes sense..
Old 04-12-2014, 06:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks awesome advice except it have no idea what a cylinder type connector is lol. I realize you can't take a pic so no worries
Old 05-14-2014, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I too broke my rear tail lights almost a year ago. I been waiting for something like these to come to market.

I will install this Sunday and post some pics for yall.

I purchased the harness and the resistor at the same time on their site.

bigC
Old 05-14-2014, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a set of these that I have been waiting to put on for a couple months now. They come powder coated wrinkle black, and I am having them media blasted right now. I picked up a can of Mopar bright white spray paint and some clear coat. I'm going to try and paint them myself and see how they turn out. Not to highjack the thread but I am wondering if anyone has color-matched these, want to make sure it is going to be worth all the hassle.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rockridge4wd LED Tail Light Conversion Kit?

Got mine mounted up, wired and Love'em. Used the resistors and included wiring. Worked perfect. If you use the splice clamp, use pliers to get a good closure on them. They also have a good diagram on their website that really helps.

(Sorry, only pic I have on my phone right now)

Sent while my wife wasn't looking...
Old 06-23-2014, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can someone who has installed this kit with the adapter harness please explain the wiring to me? The instructions say the load resistor gets wired red & black, but the online picture shows it getting wired red & white. Plus with the adapter harness, I think the green wire is for the red on the backup light, but where does the black on the backup wire go?
Old 06-23-2014, 01:58 PM
JK Newbie

The back up light ground should be connected to the black wire coming from the oem plug, which is the solid black wire and the positive for the reverse lights should be connected to the white wire with the purple line for the drivers side and on the passenger side of my 2013 Rubicon it was a white wire with a tan line, I did the install a while ago so make sure you test to see which wires are live when it is in reverse. Connect the resistors to the red a white on the harness, connected to the red and black the first time and I got a fast blink and you will get an incorrect power draw. Connect the resistor to the body of the jeep with a sheet metal screw because they become very HOT and will melt the wires and cause a mess. I switched my led lights for the truck-lites because I liked their quality better than the ones that were supplied with it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0055.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	561451 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0056.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	561452
Old 06-23-2014, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. Did you use the new Adapter Harness? The way you are describing it makes it seem like you didn't, but I'm not sure. I am having a mental block with this whole project for some reason.

Quick Reply: Rockridge4wd LED Tail Light Conversion Kit?