Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rockkrawler 5.5 Mid Arm Plus w/ Coilovers

Old 06-05-2008, 09:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rockkrawler 5.5 Mid Arm Plus w/ Coilovers

I have read some previous post about Rockkrawler suspension. Is there anyone on here that can post up if they are using these kits. I am interested in the 5.5 coilover plusor long wheelbase kit specifically.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2008, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the reply, post up some pics when you get it on.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:17 AM
JK Super Freak

I was looking at their 5.5 mid-arm kit, not the coilover version though, guess that's new. I'm curious who has it and how they like it as well. The regular version supposedly has the best lift-kit that retains stock or better ride quality onroad and excellent off. They also supposedly have had no issues with all of our electronics, etc with this kit based on how they designed it. I don't think they are a sponsor so not sure what would be allowed to learn about this company on this particular forum, but they have good stuff from what I've read on others.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 5.5" X-Factor Mid-Arm lift is being delivered to my home today. After comparing many popular kits, this is the most complete of all and at a good price too. All you need to add is shocks, which leaves you the option to choose the ones you like. I got some procomp MX6s.

My local jeep club friends love RK stuff. They say it's a little noise but indestructible.

I won't install it soon though. I'm waiting for my smittybilt XRC front bumper which is in back order until July. I'll have to add a front coil spacer to compensate for the bumper and 12K winch 190 lbs. So I don't want to install the lift now and redo the front when my bumper arrives. I'll call RK to see how big the spacer would be to compensate for the winch/bumper and level the front as well
Old 06-06-2008, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Offroad
My 5.5" X-Factor Mid-Arm lift is being delivered to my home today. After comparing many popular kits, this is the most complete of all and at a good price too. All you need to add is shocks, which leaves you the option to choose the ones you like. I got some procomp MX6s.

My local jeep club friends love RK stuff. They say it's a little noise but indestructible.

I won't install it soon though. I'm waiting for my smittybilt XRC front bumper which is in back order until July. I'll have to add a front coil spacer to compensate for the bumper and 12K winch 190 lbs. So I don't want to install the lift now and redo the front when my bumper arrives. I'll call RK to see how big the spacer would be to compensate for the winch/bumper and level the front as well
What???? Dude, throwing a spacer on later is cake...throw that kit on there? Too bad your not around the Houston area. I'd help just to check out the kit
Old 06-06-2008, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dr.dirty
hey dude i love there stuff i ran there suspension on my tj and worked great and i just got there hd tie rod and drag link and plan on running there coilover kit on the jk

Scott, let me know when you decide to go with the RK kit, I am gonna try to start saving up for one too.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4LO
Mine is going in on Monday, but I went with the 3.5" coils. I'm also adding a 3/4 spacer up front to compensate for winch and bumper. I talked to Matt at RK and that's what he recommended. It's easy to pull them out if you don't need them, but I prefer the front a tad higher anyway. I also chose the MX-6's.
The nice thing is that you can later upgrade to the 3-link. And what other kit includes BOTH track bars? My windshield banner is already on!! So I'm a poser for the weekend.
cant wait to check it out!
Old 06-06-2008, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Lightbulb Rockkrawler need to be a sponsor!

We need to get them to sponsor this site so we can talk em up! Plus it sounds like so many of us are using or are into their stuff!
Old 06-06-2008, 09:59 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by MojaveGreen
We need to get them to sponsor this site so we can talk em up! Plus it sounds like so many of us are using or are into their stuff!
You can talk about Rockkrawler you just can't post direct link or contact information.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Robar
You can talk about Rockkrawler you just can't post direct link or contact information.
thats what I figured, thanks Ron!

Quick Reply: Rockkrawler 5.5 Mid Arm Plus w/ Coilovers