Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RockHard Bumper reviews?

Old 02-14-2013, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Changed my mind and went with Warn Elite front & rear bumper. Front with Warn winch, rear with swing out tire carrier. Style is just like RockHard, but the shop could get them and install before i start my month long stay in Florida next week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130214_204546.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	422346

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130214_204636.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	422347
Old 05-11-2015, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RockHard 4x4 bumper review

I searched and searched and initially wanted the AEV front bumper but thought it very expensive by the time you bought the skid plate and winch mount too. I went with the Rock Hard aluminum bumper since it was less expensive and much lighter at only 37lbs. I added the Zeon 8S and am still less weight combined than most steel bumpers alone. These bumpers are very stout being made from 1/4" material. The welds are ok but definitely have a mass production look to them. I had to use both spacers behind the bumper to keep winch from rubbing the grill. Had to cut corner off of frame horn as well. The stock fog light wiring was just barely long enough to reach the new location. All in all I'm really pleased other than the fairlead cutout is universal to accommodate different winch spool orientation so my Zeon is not lined up exactly with the fairlead. Don't forget to order the vacuum pump bracket if you buy the recessed winch bumper.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150511_120746.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	610244  

Quick Reply: RockHard Bumper reviews?