Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RockHard Bumper reviews?

Old 02-05-2013, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RockHard Bumper reviews?

Seriously thinking about getting the RockHard 4X4 Full Width Front Bumper with recessed winch mount, and the RockHard 4X4 Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier for my 2012 JK. Any reviews out there and/or pics? Help a fella out.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

I like both mine. They are heavy though. Quality construction. Really nice looking welds. I bought the rock hard full width front bumper mainly so that I can tow it behind my motor home.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got any pics? Mainly like the front for the recessed winch mount and the overall styling. Going for the rear is the swing out tire carrier. Big spare making my tailgate rattle too much.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LittleGreenMonster
Got any pics? Mainly like the front for the recessed winch mount and the overall styling. Going for the rear is the swing out tire carrier. Big spare making my tailgate rattle too much.
send me your email address and i will send a few to you. Lou
Old 02-06-2013, 01:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

PM sent. Thanks
Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

here is my front bumper that is on a 12
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Stage Area Day 1 (4).jpg
Views:	1030
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	418859  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jetmechabq
here is my front bumper that is on a 12
Looks awesome! Been looking at bumpers for 6 months trying to decide. Thanks for the pic.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Went to Offroad shop today to order bumpers. Changed my mind at the last minute. Now I have the Warn Elite bumpers on their way. Front going on with a Warn 8,000lb winch, rear with swing away tire carrier. Install will be next Wednesday. Can't wait to see the change.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with their rear bumper and tire carrier system. I am pleased with it, however, I worry that the pin is swings on will not hold up to years and years of heavy use as the tire and basket are quite heavy. I have also added the jerry can mounts. From there I added a second set of back up lights that are actually head lamps.

Without the basket, there is very little mounting area for a shovel and axe. There is also a mounting area for a hi lift jack.

As it stands I am planning to remove the basket and have a couple of brackets made that I can mount my shovel and axe on. Just a note, if you are planning to get the basked, I am not sure that 37 inch tires will fit. I have 35 inch tires now and they fit well.

I did chose to go with Bestop front bumper with winch. I personally wanted a stubby after denting my stock bumper on a rock. I figured that meant the full bumper was in the way. Also, if you chose to change the fenders, it makes a full bumper look funny.

Last edited by prelucir; 02-09-2013 at 05:40 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, I forgot to say, I love the look of the Rockhard rear bumper system. It was my first mod.

Quick Reply: RockHard Bumper reviews?