Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rocker guards with steps that wont break the bank.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have the Ace and am very happy with them. I've landed on them and grinded on rocks with them many times. They work great! They run about $400 shipped for the 4 door model. Less for 2 door. Easy to install.

You can also use them in combination with the Rubi rails for added protection and looks good too. I picked up a set of Rubi rails for $125.

I also got them because my wife and 3 year old need a step.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1024 1.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	310832   Click image for larger version

Name:	1024 lift rear.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	310833  
Old 04-29-2012, 10:23 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by suicideking
I also have the Ace and am very happy with them. I've landed on them and grinded on rocks with them many times. They work great! They run about $400 shipped for the 4 door model. Less for 2 door. Easy to install.

You can also use them in combination with the Rubi rails for added protection and looks good too. I picked up a set of Rubi rails for $125.

I also got them because my wife and 3 year old need a step.
What does it take to install rubi rails on a non rubi?

Matthew
Old 04-29-2012, 10:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
What does it take to install rubi rails on a non rubi?

Matthew
You just need the hardware. The holes are there from the factory and are used by Rubi rails or the plastic factory steps. If you buy Rubi rails, just try to buy a set that comes with the hardware. It's not expensive if you can't find it. Cost me like an extra $20 to order the hardware (bolts, nuts, clips).

Also note that if you want the Rubi rails and Ace rails, the rubi rails go on first.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:38 PM
JK Junkie

You just need the hardware. The holes are there from the factory and are used by Rubi rails or the plastic factory steps. If you buy Rubi rails, just try to buy a set that comes with the hardware. It's not expensive if you can't find it. Cost me like an extra $20 to order the hardware (bolts, nuts, clips).

Also note that if you want the Rubi rails and Ace rails, the rubi rails go on first.
Thanks for the info, I currently have the plastic steps, got the sales guy to throw them in

Matthew
Old 04-29-2012, 10:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the info, I currently have the plastic steps, got the sales guy to throw them in

Matthew
You're all set then! The hardware kit is exactly the same. Get them before you ruin the steps and you can sell them, probably break even.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 AM
JK Junkie

You're all set then! The hardware kit is exactly the same. Get them before you ruin the steps and you can sell them, probably break even.
You said you got the rubi rails for $125, was that from dealer or used on CL etc... ?

Matthew
Old 04-30-2012, 07:38 AM
JK Super Freak

You said you got the rubi rails for $125, was that from dealer or used on CL etc... ?

Matthew
Got them used from a forum member in the classifieds.

Call your local dealer though, they might have some. After I got them, the place that did my lift also mentioned they have them for sale for around the same price. One of my friends bought a set from the shop that did my lift. Lots of people have them replaced with aftermarket and don't bother to keep them.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the help guys im really liking the ACE rockers and for that price looks to be hard to beat. I really dont do much rock running but I want something there that serves a double function, step and protection, instead of just a step like the stock..well step bars lol. So when the time comes ill be ordering the ace's
Old 04-30-2012, 03:32 PM
JK Junkie

Really stupid question, can you run a pair of the rubi rails and the cheapo factory steps?

Just a thought till I pick rock rails with a step...leaning towards ACE right now, but first I need to get the AEV under armor on first

Matthew
Old 04-30-2012, 03:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Really stupid question, can you run a pair of the rubi rails and the cheapo factory steps?

Matthew
No. They both use the same mounting locations.

Quick Reply: Rocker guards with steps that wont break the bank.