Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rocker Guards- Pure Jeep or Shrockworks?

Old 11-05-2007, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have this idea that frame mounted sliders might ultimately be a more durable design.....but who knows...I could be wrong....its all about distributing impact forces....and the larger surface contact area you have between the sliders and the rest of the jeep, it would seem the more force you could distribute....so maybe the body mounted ones have that going for them? I dont know.....I am thinking that unless you really drop hard on a sharp rock from more than a couple feet, you wont do enough damage to find out that one design is superior to the other anyway...and if your spotter leads you into such a situation where you cause that much damage, it might be time for a new spotter

I didnt know if PJ was coming out with any sliders that mounted to the frame....someone a couple posts above mentioned it. It this a mistake or is it something to look forward too?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no mistake on the PJ frame mounted rails. You can see pictures on a few JK's here including WOL's, look at some older pictures of Off Road Evolutions Sahara as well, they had em on there also. Hopefully they will start shipping them soon.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

It looks to me like those sliders on WOL's JK now are not frame mounted. Looks like they bolt to the tub or body mount locations. I could be wrong....and looking at the older ORE pics, same thing.

Another thing to consider is that some of the frame mounted options might interfere should you ever decide to use a long arm suspension with new crossmembers/skidplates, or anything else that might attach at the same points or simply be in the way....I am starting to lean towards the PJ rockers....I like the added protection of the ones with the step....but the ones on WOL's JK look a bit cleaner to me...but its probably going to be my first armor purchase....i dont care if I break a stock bumper or trash the stock fenders much
Old 11-06-2007, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

What is the projected time to market the TJs? I really like the looks of them.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Audiophiliac
Another thing to consider is that some of the frame mounted options might interfere should you ever decide to use a long arm suspension with new crossmembers/skidplates, or anything else that might attach at the same points or simply be in the way....I am starting to lean towards the PJ rockers....I like the added protection of the ones with the step....but the ones on WOL's JK look a bit cleaner to me...but its probably going to be my first armor purchase....i dont care if I break a stock bumper or trash the stock fenders much
Excellent point!!! I'm saving up for my next purchase of the RE long arm kit. I don't know if it would interfere with instalation but the more bolts you have going into the same area, the more of a pain in the ass it can be to work. Then add underarmor skid plates and it could be a cluster F*@K.

Also can you post a link of where you can see the WOL's JK? Thanks.

Last edited by mountain man; 11-06-2007 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:46 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally, I prefer the looks/function of the body mounted PJ formed rocker guards. But i can see the good bad points of body vs. frame mounted designs as each has their pro's and cons. When the $ is in hand, the formed ones are going on mine, followed closely by the Shrockworks rock sliders as a second option.

The PureJeep tubular design Rocker Guards are body mounted, and can be seem here, courtesy of Mr. Piginajeep. (Nice lookin JK )

PUREJEEP 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler - 2-Door Rocker Guard Installation Write-Up

Old 11-07-2007, 03:00 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by JKMAN
no mistake on the PJ frame mounted rails. You can see pictures on a few JK's here including WOL's, look at some older pictures of Off Road Evolutions Sahara as well, they had em on there also. Hopefully they will start shipping them soon.
To the Best of my knowledge, WOL has the Shrockworks rails on his JK, those ones are frame mounted, The PJ ones mount to the body. I tried looking for the pictures you mentioned, but to the best of my knowledge they are body mounted.

Look closely in this Pic of ORE's JK, you can see the body mount brackets:

If there are pictures around of frame mounted PJ sliders, I am really unaware of them, please let me know where to find them? It is highly possible they exist, i just cant find the pics.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:00 AM
JK Freak

now there are three versions of the PJ rock sliders. are they actually producing any of them yet? all three? two of them?

two formed versions:

is there anyone other than piginajeep that has these, or were they a one-off?:

Old 11-07-2007, 04:07 AM
Eternal ***erator

The first two are actually one & the same.

The second picture is from last years (2006) SEMA show, the first picture is the final production version.

I dont know if anyone else has the tube style ones.

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
now there are three versions of the PJ rock sliders. are they actually producing any of them yet? all three? two of them?

two formed versions:

[snip]
Old 11-12-2007, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks everyone for your help! I just ordered my PJ 4 door sliders from Quadratec.

Quick Reply: Rocker Guards- Pure Jeep or Shrockworks?